Adiku(Adi +Akshita)

Recap
The next day onwards, everything went so fast, soon the exams were over. I was quite confident that I had done well. I really needed to thank Asram and dad for the confidence they had in me.

Sara's POV
'Yippeeee ....exams are finally over' my best friend danced. She looked like she had actually sold her brains in some black market. I laughed hysterically looking at her.
'Oh God, Akshita stop, my stomach hurts from all the laughing. Please stop behaving you are drunk'
'Spoil sport ' she huffed and we slowly walked to where our brother was supposed to pick us up.
When we reached there, I was quite surprised to see Asram and bhai together, in bhai's new Aston Martin One-77. It was his baby. If anything, it was more precious to him then me. Cars was one thing both Asram and Bhai loved. When we were younger, they used to say that they would earn a lot of money and buy various cars. Well, it was true. Both of them are doing very well and have multiple cars now . I smiled at them and my eyes locked with Asram's. He was staring at me. I looked away, a dark blush crept onto my cheeks at his intense stare. I quickly moved towards the car and got into the back seat. Akshita didn't follow me though. She went over to the passengers seat where her brother was comfortable settled. She opened the door and said.
'This is my place. I always call shotgun in Adi's cars. Get out bhai. Go sit at the back Naa. Please. '
'Urgg fine, don't chew my brain' he got out and moved to sit beside me. I was very nervous, but at the same time I was mentally thanking Akshita for her antiques. Wait, WHAT..... Did I like him again. Or did I ever stop liking him. Not the time for your stupid thoughts Sara, I chastised myself.
'Hey Sara' he said as he got in. I replied to the greeting with a small smile.
'How were your last exams?' bhai asked both of us.
'They were good, I guess I will pass'
'I don't care now, about how they were. They are over. I am so glad'
Me and Akshita answered respectively.
'I don't think you will ever be able to do a job with that attitude. Your boss will definitely get frustrated and throw you out.' Asram told her
I laughed at that and Akshita glared at me before answering her brother.
'Bhai, if I do get thrown out like you are saying. I will come work with you or Adi. '
'I won't even let you be the receptionist with this attitude.' Asram told her 'Adi might, obviously he will, who am I kidding. He has to if he wants to live peacefully for the rest of his life. You know baba was telling me that I pity Adi. Once he gets married to Akshita, all of us will be saved but I pity the poor guy.'
'Shut up bhai, nothing like that. We are just friends '
'Exactly Asram, we are just friends. Besides your sister has a boyfriend already. I wouldn't mind dating her otherwise.' Bhai blabbered.
'I will kill you Adi' Akshita muttered.
'You have a WHAT? ' Asram and me screamed at the same time. Bhai jerked the car to a stop. Luckily we had already reached some place. Bhai hurriedly parked the car and Akshita continued to glare at him. Asram and me were still waiting for an explanation.
Soon, the four of us got off and I realized that it was the cafe where all four of us used to hangout with our parents. Oh how I missed those days.
Once we got in and settled down, I looked at Akshita.
'I thought I was your best friend and not him. ' I said pointing at my brother with fake disgust. Asram chuckled softly at my over-the-top acting.
Then he said 'explain' in an intimidating tone, just one word but it was enough to intimidate the two.
'Well you see bhai...actually....umm'
'Go on' he said in a no nonsense tone.
'Let's do one thing. Akshita I will explain everything. You can add on whenever you want. Ok, you see Bhai, this story starts at the time when you were away for your studies. The first year that you were away, Akshita and I secretly dated. Before you get angry Sara, I made her take my swear that she would not tell anybody till I allow her and I asked to be with her when she reveals the truth. The thing is since our families are so close, if we had told anyone, everyone would have started building up expectations that we would be together forever. Well, I hoped that would happen, but I wanted to keep everything under the wraps till we were sure. But we got into a major arguement, which ended our relationship. During your second year away, I made another girlfriend just to rile Akshita up. I did like her, I mean she looked good. But then Akshita told me that she was happy that I had moved on and also that she had a boyfriend too. Obviously I was jealous of him and angry at myself for letting her go. But I wanted her to be happy, so I just let it be and didn't ask her further. A few weeks later, I broke it of with that girl, because I knew I loved Akshita and I didn't want to lead her on. So I left her. Akshita and me were still good friends, so I called her over after the break up. I was so glad that she came. Sara, you may remember. She had come to our place and said that she wants me to help her with a project. She had wanted to score more then you at it. '
'Oh Ya, I remember '
'So,anyways after she came over. We just spoke about everything. I just broke down, I couldn't control myself. I had too much going on in my mind. A while later, we drank a little wine. We just continued and didn't realize that we had a little too much. When she was drunk, she didn't realize what she was saying. She ended up confessing to me that she didn't have any boyfriend but made one up just to make me jealous. I was so sorry happy, but I never left a chance at teasing her about her fake boyfriend. Anyways, things went smoothly after that. Slowly, we went back to how were earlier. We also started dating. This time though, we decided to tell our families. We know that we want to be together forever. You guys are the first to know, so please don't tell the others yet please' Bhai took a deep breath and then looked at Asram and me.
'It was not only Adi's decision, we both chose to keep it away from everyone, at least for a while. I am very very sorry Sara. I have never hidden anything from you, but I had to, please forgive me. Bhai, I love him, I am extremely sorry for hiding it, but I know you, if I had told you earlier, you would have threatened him to leave me. I also know, that in the start, he would probably have left me if you threatened him. But now, I can bet my life that he won't.' Akshita continued.

'I forgive you both, but both of you owe me big time' I said mischiveously. Both of them looked worried but nodded in relief. After that, it actually started to hit me. My best friend and my brother are in love. OMG. I sqealed happily after a second. Then I got up and hugged both my idiots tightly. They were equally happy and hugged me back tightly. Once we pulled away, all three of us looked at Asram expectantly.

He didn't say anything and before I could stop myself, I said ' Asram, you are supposed to say something. Show an emotion. Don't leave these poor guys confused'

He looked up at me and said something I thought he never would again ' Please mind your own business. Aditya Sharma, I need to speak to you immediately. Get your car out now, I will meet you outside in a minute.'

Aditya, quitely followed the instructions. He squeezed Aku's hand assuringly though. I wanted to smile at the simple gesture, but his words rang in my head. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Fine I would. I promised myself that I would never fall for his act again. I couldn't let my guard break in front of him, why did I never listen to my brain. Stupid me. But for now it is not the time to think about that, I had to handle my best friend. She was much more important then that arrogant, selfish jerk.

I turned to look at Akshita, who was nearly in tears. I hugged her tight, I saw Asram walking to the door, but he slowly turned. He saw me with tears in my eyes. His eyes seemed to soften, but I broke the eye contact and spoke softly to Aku. I tried to ge ther to calm down, but my internal rage kept building.

A few minutes later, I pulled away from the hug, and held her at arms length.

'Our exams just got over, and I don't want to spoil my celebration because of your stupid brother. Let's enjoy our meal, babe. Remember the taste of the cheesy garlic bread we get here. It used to be your favourite right?' She nodded, and gave a small smile. I returned the smile, but my insides were breaking. Why did I even start trusting him again.

(A/N Surprise...finally a different POV.....GUESS WHO??? .....OUR DEAR ASRAM)

Asram's POV

I wanted to kill myself, Why did I use those words. I was over-protective about my sister, but that didn't justify my behaviour. Her broken face came in front of my eyes as soon as I closed my eyes in the passenger seat of the car. But for now, I have to deal with Aditya. How dare he date my little sister. But weren't you thinking about how hot his little sister looked, just half an hour back. My mind taunted me. I just forced all the thoughts related to Sara to the back of my head and turned to him.

'Drive to our spot' I said harshly. He silently obeyed. As soon as we reached there, I got out and went to stand by the water. I could hear his hesitant footsteps towards me. I tried to keep my cool and looked at him.

'Look, I didn't mean to blast at you that way. It is not that you are a bad person. I have known you practically all my life. But, she is my little sister. She may act as though she doesn't care, but she really is very sensitive. I don't want her to get hurt. I know that she is old enough to date or do whatever she wants, but for me she is still my little sister. Promise me that you will take care of her. I don't want to see a single tear in her eye, specially not because of you. You know that I have a bad side, I hope you don't want to see it.'

'Yes bhai, I promise you. I love your sister too much to ever let her go. I know how it feels to have a little sister who you want to protect. I have beaten up a guy just because he liked my sister. He never asked her out or anything. He also kept his distance, but I still didn't want anyone looking at my sister like that. So I understand, your anger is justified. But bhai, please can you give me one chance with your sister. I won't let you down.'

' Alright, let's head back' He smiled at me gratefully and nodded. The minute we got back in the car, I shut my eyes, all I could see was her broken face. She had started trusting me again, why did I have to be such a jerk, I thought. I have to apologise to her. I missed the old Sara, and now that she was letting down her guard, I messed up big time.

Soon we reached back, and I saw the two of them finishing their desserts and chatting. Though Sara had a smile on her face, I could see how fake it was. Her eyes were expressive enough to let me know that she was hurting. Ganpati bapa please forgive me for hurting her. Please help me, I want her to forgive me.

We reached the table and Aditya grinned widely, letting them know that I had agreed and everything was sorted. Well everything except your issues with HER, my mind taunted. Both, me and Aditya also finished eating and we called it a day. I tried talking to Sara multiple times, but all I got was ignorance or a curt yes or no. She was avoiding me clearly. Adi and Aku also realized and looked at me questioningly but I just looked away. I knew it was my fault.