The Engagement Party

RECAP

Aunty and uncle made their way to us with their heads bent down in shame. They apologized to all of us before they walked out, dragging Arun with them. 

Asram's POV

I waited patiently for Sara to come. After speaking to Dhruv and Akshay I was feeling calmer. I thanked God for such good friends. They came over earlier than all the guests to keep me company. Mom and dad were very happy to meet them again. Mom and dad then rushed away to check some of the arrangements. I was pacing anxiously. What if she found the sudden change in my behavior too absurd and started ignoring me. What if she actually liked the guy she meets today. Oh no! Please god no, don't do this to me. You know I love her, even if I did realize this quite late. 

'Ram, stop pacing, you're giving me a headache' Akshay said.

'For once, I agree with him. Don't worry so much. It will all be fine. Have you thought about what you will say to Adi, he will find out soon anyway' Dhruv said.

'He is bloody getting engaged to my little sister, even though he knows how weirded out I get. So he better not say anything. Honestly, I am more scared of Sara then of him' I replied.

'She's not even your wife and you're already scared of her. Imagine, shaadi ke baad tera kya hoga' Dhruv joked and both of them laughed, while I blushed a little at the thought of Sara as my wife. That is when I saw her enter the hall along with her parents and Jay. Jay rushed off to the food counter while Sara moved to greet my parents. She smiled and hugged both of them tightly. I loved the relation she shared with my parents. A smile made its way towards my face by just looking at her. She always looked beautiful, but today she was stunning. Her smile made her look even better.

Suddenly, her father walked up to them and hugged her from behind. He said something to my parents before the four of them started walking towards the opposite direction. I looked in that direction and saw my arch nemesis, Arun Gupta standing with his parents and Saras mom. He was the guy they wanted her to meet, I realized.

Oh hell I muttered.

What is it? Dhruv asked before following his gaze.

Arun Gupta, anyways for now there is no time to talk. Dhruv do a phone call to me and record the phone call. After that, go and stand near Arun such that you can hear his conversations. I just want Sara to be safe, all of us know how he is, but she doesnt I ordered Dhruv. He seemed to realize my mood and walked over without a word.

I was angry about the way he spoke to Sara. I could see that she was uncomfortable, so I quickly made my way over to them. Sara, sub-consciously moved closer to me. I was happy that she trusted me and felt safe around me.

'Arun Gupta' I said coldly.

'Asram Khanna, good to meet you again after Soo long' he smirked evilly.

'I wish I could say the same' I spat, my voice full of venom.

'Well, why don't you go away and let me spend some time with my gorgeous date' Arun said arrogantly. I really felt like beating him when he said that. Sara was only and only MINE.

'You OK? ' I asked her. She nodded and I turned back to Arun, stepping between them, covering her.

'Stay away from her, clear?' I asked Arun, my voice was dangerously calm. I had never felt so angry.

'Woh Woh, calm it bro. You should have just told me if she was your play toy for now. I can wait for a while till you are done' Arun smirked lustfully at her. I lost my temper at that and started beating him up. People started gathering around, mom dad quickly ran over with uncle aunty and Arun's parents.

'Sara is no play toy. You better stay away from her you pervert or I will make sure that you no longer have your company. This is an open threat. You do not touch any girl without her permission. If I see that Sara has a bruise because of how you held her hand, I will kill you. If you even think about her, just remember,  I am Asram Khanna and my sub-firm, which is ASaAd2(Company named after Asram, Sara, Akshita and Adi) will pull out all its investments from your company. I hope I am very clear. Now you decide, is lust more important to you or your career' with that I got off him and walked over to Sara. Everyone stood in their places, stunned. I checked my hand for bruises and looked at Akshay. I gestured them to get some first aid and he nodded before quickly walking away.

'You fine naa, you should have just gone back to the elders if you weren't comfortable around him, but now anyway things are sorted soon just chill' I said calmly. She looked a little upset but apart from that she was fine.

' I am fine Ash, are you okay? Your knuckles seem cracked. Why did you punch him so much' she asked worried. She had gone through a pervert passing comments at her and this is the first thing she has to say, I mentally chuckle. But her concern makes me fall for her even more.

'I am fine sweetheart and he deserved it-' I was cut off by Arun's mom.

'Why did you beat up my innocent son?' she asked furious.

'Well, why don't I show all of you how innocent Arun Gupta is. Dhruv get the DJ to play today's recording please' Dhruv nodded and went over to the DJ. Akshay quickly got the first aid box.

'Thanks Akshay' I said. 'Wait Akshay as in Akshay Arora' Sara said, a little surprised to see him here.

'Yes the very one, sweetheart' I said. 'Did I say that out loud?' she said.

'Yes you did, and good to see you too Sara. We can talk later. For now, let your doc put the ointment' he winked before walking away and leaving us alone.

Dhruv started the clip and everyone listened to it carefully. It was recorded right from the moment Sara met Nilesh uncle upto mine and Arun fighting. Everyone gasped when they heard his behavior and language. Mom and Ai came over and hugged Sara. Baba and dad patted my back proudly before hugging her.

Aunty and uncle made their way to us with their heads bent down in shame. They apologized to all of us before they walked out, dragging Arun with them.

The mood in the room was very tense, everyone seemed to have forgotten that it was my little sis's engagement. I can't have anyone sad, and I know even though Sara is sad she won't allow the party to be spoiled. Before I can say anything though, Sara speaks up. It is as though she read my mind.

'Everyone, it is my best friend and brother's engagement. We can't spoil it because of a few people. DJ drop the beats and everyone else please enjoy yourself. The bride and groom will be brought here in a couple of minutes. Lastly, get ready to enjoy some energetic and lively performances. Till then, please enjoy the food and music' she says into the mic. Everyone smiles at her and nods before going back to their business. She wiped her tears and makes her way towards all of us. That's my girl, she is one of the strongest and kindest people I know.

I can talk about her all day, but for now, I guess we have to get the party started