THE Engagement Party

RECAP
I made them promise that they would come with their families, and this would be one of the surprises for Adi too. He hadn't been able to contact them and so I had invited them instead. Tonight was going to be a lot of fun.

Sara's POV

I had told everyone that I was ready to meet that guy but my mind was only and only on Asram. That man was causing to many problems, I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I thought of whether he would care that I was meeting some other guy, but then I scolded myself to stop. Of course he wouldn't care. I just distracted myself by playing around with Jay and meeting all of our extended family, who had come to be a part of the engagement.
The day went by quickly and it was time for me to get ready. I got ready and couldn't recognize myself. I really did look gorgeous. Just then someone knocked on the door. I asked them to enter and mom came in. She looked very happy to see me, her eyes welled up with tears.
'Offo maa, why are you crying now? ' I asked.
'My bacha, you have grown up so much. You look beautiful' she replied.
'Well then mom why are you crying. Be happy and smile. I am not the one getting married. Atleast not yet. So chill out. Now let's go see if bhai is ready'i said.
'ya fine sweetie, let's go'
We entered his room and he was sitting happily with Jay. Both of them looked amazing.
'Jay you look amazing as always, and bhai for the first time you don't look like a monkey's I said cheekily.
Jay just smiled wide and said, 'di you look very pretty'
But bhai had to be bhai, so he said that I didn't look much like a lizard, for the first time in my life. Seriously he couldn't even think of something creative, I huffed.
'Let's get going guys, we will be late otherwise' dad said as he entered the room. All of us nodded and got into 2 cars. Soon we reached the venue. I saw ai and baba so I made my way to them and hugged them tight. They returned the hug just as enthusiastically.
' You look gorgeous sweetie. Akshita told me about you meeting some guy today. She is more excited about that then her own engagement'ai told me excitedly.
'Ai she is crazy. Just ignore her. I am just meeting some guy, not getting married to him' I said, sighing softly. I was going to kill Akshita and bhai very soon.
'Well princess, you deserve someone as amazing as you and you will not get married to anyone without mine, your dad's and your bhai's permission' baba said sternly, in his over-protective mode. I nodded smiling, of course I wouldn't get married without Ai and baba's permission. It is very important to me that they agree.
'Arjun, obviously she is not getting married without your approval, so don't worry. Now the boy and his family is here, let's go meet them' dad said hugging me from behind. I nodded slowly and made my towards a family along with ai,baba and dad. In front of me I could see mom talking to a middle-aged couple. A handsome man also stood there. I guess that is the guy dad was talking about. Once we got there, dad introduced everyone.
'Nilesh, this is my daughter Sara and Sara, this is one of my school friends, Nilesh Gupta' dad introduced.
'Good to meet you beta, your dad talks a lot about you. Now, this is my wife, Sania Gupta and our son, Arun Gupta' uncle introduced. The name seemed familiar, I just couldn't place where I had heard it.
I just nodded my head and folded my hands in form of greeting
'Well why don't you kids go talk separately, I doubt you would enjoy being about us' his mom said. He just chuckled and gestured for me to lead us away. Arun was giving me bad vibes, but I did go along with this.
'Now that we are away from the oldies, I can finally say this, you look sexy babe. Do you maybe wanna go to one of the hotel rooms for a while' Arun said directly. Eww, he was such a pervert. I had to get away from him soon. It was as if God had heard my prayers, Asram made his way towards us, he looked like a Greek God. Really, I couldn't stop looking at him. I guess I might have even dropped, if I hadn't forced myself to look away.
'Hey' I said moving slightly closer to him.
'Hi we have to go get ready for the performances' he said, glaring at Arun.
'Arun Gupta' he said coldly.
'Asram Khanna, good to meet you again after Soo long' he smirked evilly.
'I wish I could say the same' Asram spat, his voice full of venom.
'Well, why don't you go away and let me spend some time with my gorgeous date' Arun said arrogantly. Wait, how was I even his date,  I just met him. But before I could say anything, Asram asked him to leave my hand. Arun refused and this angered Asram. He made his way towards us and pulled my wrist free.
'You OK? ' he asked.  He nodded before turning to look at Arun.
'Stay away from her, clear?' he asked Arun, his voice dangerously calm.
'Woh Woh, calm it bro. You should have just told me if she was your play toy for now. I can wait for a while till you are done' Arun smirked lustfully at me. Asram lost his temper at that and started beating him up. People started gathering around, mom dad quickly ran over with ai baba and uncle aunty.
'Sara is no play toy. You better stay away from her you pervert or I will make sure that you no longer have your company. This is an open threat. You do not touch any girl without her permission. If I see that Sara has a bruise because of how you held her hand, I will kill you. If you even think about her, just remember,  I am Asram Khanna and my sub-firm, which is ASaAd2(Company named after Asram, Sara, Akshita and Adi) will pull out all its investments from your company. I hope I am very clear. Now you decide, is lust more important to you or your career' with that he got off him and walked over to me. Everyone stood in their places, stunned. He checked my hand and looked at someone. He gestured them to get some first aid.
'You fine naa, you should have just gone back to the elders if you weren't comfortable around him, but now anyway things are sorted soon just chill'he said calmly.
' I am fine Ash, are you okay? Your knuckles seem cracked. Why did you punch him so much' I asked worried about this idiot in front of me. He really did really sweet but really stupid things sometimes, making me fall for him even more.
'I am fine sweetheart and he deserved it-' Asram was cut off by Arun's mom.
'Why did you beat up my innocent son?' she asked furious.
'Well, why don't I show all of you how innocent Arun Gupta is. Dhruv get the DJ to play today's recording please' the guy nodded and went over to the DJ. Another guy, who seemed familiar made his way towards us with a first aid box.
'Thanks Akshay' Ash said. Wait Akshay as in Akshay Arora.
'Yes the very one, sweetheart' Asram said. Did I say that out loud?
'Yes you did, and good to see you too Sara. We can talk later. For now, let your doc put the appointment' he winked before walking away and leaving us alone.
Dhruv started the clip and everyone listened to it carefully. It was recorded right from the moment I met Nilesh uncle upto Asram and Arun fighting. Everyone gasped when they heard his behavior and language. Mom and Ai came over and hugged me. Baba and dad patted Asram's back proudly before hugging me. I was glad to have such an amazing family.
Aunty and uncle made their way to us with their heads bent down in shame. They apologized to all of us before they walked out, dragging Arun with them.