packing

Please read.
Vote.
Comment.

The only thing I ever had from my Granny was the old house we're living in and Helda gave it out for sale. I simply couldn't understand but I don't have money to pay for Granny's hospital bills either.

Parts of the money could be able to rent me an apartment near school and take care of my upkeep for a while. For sure, Granny's bills is a lot of money... So I agree to Helda selling the house.

And the last and most shocking news is, Granny is going to live in a retirement home after she's discharged from the hospital.

"There's a rich man who wants to buy your house.", Ky blurts in excitement and hugs me before falling onto the bed beside me. "Then your Granny will be fine.", She adds and plays with my hair.

"You  think it's a good idea?", I ask worriedly.

"Of  course. You'll be so happy to see your Granny happy with lots of people taking good care of her while you're away. Please accept this offer and you won't regret it."

The more I tried to withhold the tears,the more they threatened to come down plus I don't want to break down in front of Ky. I'm tired of people feeling pity for me.

Ky's room is the nicest I've seen all my life,perhaps it's because I've never been to anyone's before. There's much more space in her room unlike mine that has been stack with old goods and stuff we never needed. That is part of the perks of living with a granny. She has a pink wallpaper and lots of Taylor Swift's pictures all hung around even though I also love her,I barely have money to buy pictures of her.

                              ****
"You girls should come down, we're having dinner with Clarendon. Please dress beautifully.", Helda adds and we chuckle after her and Ky leaps to her closet swinging it open to reveal lots of clothes I've never had in all my life put together. Most of my clothes were hand downs from her and a couple of them,I bought myself from working at the restaurant off town.

"Come choose what you want," Ky exclaims and I wear a smile and approach her,taking a handful of clothes in my hands scanning a couple of them till my eyes fell on a royal blue sparkly dress that would lick my knees if I put it on. I put it on myself and Ky grins.

We finally decide on it and a pair of black flats and Ky ends up picking a dark wine blouse and a pair of white skinny jeans and her converse.

For the second time in my life,my hair was held in a very neat ponytail unlike the fake ones I could manage. I was completely stunned at my looks and I mouthed a 'thank you' to Ky. I really did owe her a lot.

"It's time,girls.", I hear Helda's voice again and I sighed,blinking the tears back. Ky seems also excited to meet the rich man society knew and feared... Clarendon. 

The owner of Clarendon Architecture. He's one of the best architects in the city and beyond and surprisingly,no one knows about his personal life but it has been confirmed that he has only one son who is destined to take after him. His wife is a doctor and they live in the most expensive and well designed house alive in this city but most likely,no one has visited the place. So why did he want my house?

I reach the hall where Ky has already been seated. She has a big smirk plastered awkwardly on her face as she tapped her feet on the wooden floor as she always did when she's nervous.

"Good evening.", I mumble and wear a fake smile as I take my seat next to Ky who is so excited. The table is arranged with a lot of various heavenly mouth watering meals that made me almost want to drool. The aroma itself was enough to get me satisfied,a genuine smile covers my face and I wiggle my fingers on my lap and feel Ky nudge my rib and my gaze meets the stern but friendly stare of  Clarendon's.

God,he's good looking. Too good looking for his age. His light brown hair has few grey streaks in them and his well chiseled jawline. A few strands of hair covers his forehead,giving the obvious vandyke brown eyes a highlight. His black suit looked gorgeous on him with a silver  necklace disappearing into the white shirt underneath the coat.
His long manicured fingers touched his lips as they curve upward in a small smile.

I get nudged again and I snap out of my trance. How could an old man of his age look so great? He smelled so much like power and wealth.

"I want to help you and your Granny."

"I  apologise for her uncouth attitude towards you,sir. It will never happen." Helda apologises on my behalf and sends me a stern look that has lots of messages in it.

We ate our food as Helda and Clarendon talk about the house issues and well enough,he decided to pay more for the house that had little worth but holds a lot of memories.

                        ***
"I'm glad you found an apartment near school.", Ky says this for the eighty seven thousand,two hundred and fifty third time...making me scrunch my brows and rolling my eyes in the end at her.

"I can't afford the rent alone for a long time so I'll have a roommate.", I add the last piece of information and she twirls around me in a simple ballet dance.

"You need a couple of clothes, shoes,bags,a new laptop,dishes, cutlery, bedding sets,....", the list went on and on and on that she barely realized that I had gone out if the room.

"Sweetheart,are you okay?",Helda says suddenly, startling me as I continue to gulp down the water in the glass. "Everything will be fine okay,I have good news for you." She announced and I went closer to her and threw a couple of nuts into my mouth. She threw me a smile and I returned it.

"Spill.", I mutter finally and sat on the island.

"I heard from your Granny today."

A big smile formed on my face and I rushed to give her a hug. She's the only one who plays a mother role in my life and I love her as much as I love Ky and Jeremy. Their dad is a goods exporter and most of the time,he was away.

"Tell me she's fine."  I add eagerly and she nods, wriggling out of my hug and kiss me gently on the forehead.

"She's in a retirement home at the moment and I have an appointment for you to see her before you leave for school tomorrow."

Tears formed in my eyes the more. Helda is one of the most important people in my life because she gives me the feel every girl should have with her mother.

After getting a new Macbook and a new phone from Technoshop, we get to the second hand shop and buy a few shoes to add to my mini collection and head towards home as Ky had promised to give me some clothes since she has too many.

Packing....

All my stuff were in boxes in the corner of my room that had been swept clean of every single item and more sunlight filled the empty room.

Aside the stuff I would be needing for my apartment, everything was sold to the second hand store in town.

I still haven't thought of a name for her yet if you've realized. I hope you're enjoying the story though.