Roommate and accident.

Williams

I pick the grocery bags from the back of my car and head up towards the plight of stairs leading to my apartment. I had a lot to do before the dude comes in later. I only hopes it wasn't a strange person going to share my apartment with me. Besides, dad is going to freak out if he finds out I'm living in an apartment as cheap as this.

But I want to have a feel of living a normal life. I don't want to have to have only the rich kids being my friends and having girls all over me. It really sucked over there back in high school.

Every guy liked the flow of girls around them, drooling over them and would lay down for them to walk over them. I'm not that kinda guy and I appreciate it that way. Ironically,I'm grateful to dad for bringing me to the most expensive private college in town and securing an apartment large enough to house thirty people,over furnished only to make sure I'm safe.

I push the front door and my breath ceased. What the heck. There is an obviously poor kid standing in there in the hall looking around like she has never seen anything nice before. She was gawking around and for a minute,I stood at the hallway watching her as she touches the fluffy rug with her toe and flinches back as if she had touched fire and it was amusing to me.

This is one of the normal life I want to see,amusing things like what this kid is doing. A normal life. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate dad's effort to make me live comfortably,I really do.

A smirk formed on my face and I cleared my throat to alarm her of my presence but that only scared her and she quickly stepped away, careful not to touch anything. Is that one of the perks of living a normal life? I continue to walk into the hall and the more I got closer,the more she stepped back.

She has looks of horror drawn all over her face or perhaps she's scared of me. She really does look poor,or she wants money or something,like food,shelter or proper clothes. If it's shelter, I've never shared a place with a girl so I can't help.

I took few steps towards her and she moves back again and the next thing I hear is the sound of glass pieces scattered all around the floor where she stood. I hate it when others get careless with my belongings.

That glass vase didn't really cost a lot but it was a present from an old woman I met at the grocery store few days ago. She couldn't pay for her groceries and after I did,she took me to her house and gave the vase to me. So well,it's special.

My eyes grew wide and I hurried towards her as tears streamed from her eyes, making her go back again and steps on a piece of glass, leaving lots of blood traces from where she stood.

The fact that I want a normal life doesn't mean I should have misery as an option. Damnit! I rush towards her and bend over,scooping her in my arms realising that she had passed out in my arms. What the heck!

Do I have to pay so much for trying to live a normal life??

Geez! I put her in the back of my car and drive fast to the hospital. Her image forms on the mirror and I look at her for a while before continuing. Her honey brown locks cover most parts of her face,giving her small pink lips a highlight on her pale pink skin. Well,she's not one of the girls I fancy so it's not a bother.

I pull up in an empty parking space at the hospital parking lot,scooped her off the back and hurried into the hospital before things get complicated. She had left gallons of blood on the seat of my brand new Jeep. Aside the fact that I care about my car,her life is more important.

After admitting her at the hospital,I drive off to the car wash to get my seats cleared off the bloody mess left behind. I've always thought living a normal life was fun so what's happening to me now? Or I'm in the wrong place...I guess so.

My phone rings and it's the perfect person I need to slap right now. I only have to grab him by the collar and smash him against the locker till his head bleeds and his left hand moves to the right while the right moves to the left. How dare he set me up.

"Hello..Greg,how stupid could you be? How dare you set me up? I hope that poor girl ain't my roomie because if she is,I'm driving there to squeeze the life out of you.....no,no,no..you don't know the mess she has created already. My bloody car is in the car wash now. My new car,dummy. I guess I have to give up. Keep the rent. I'm moving out......shut up,Stupid. I'm moving out. She can keep the stuff in the room......she's in the hospital now. I'm already tired of living a normal life on the first day." I hang up and go back to my apartment to clean the mess.

I put the groceries away after cleaning the mess only to get a call from the hospital. Well,I'm furious for no reason in particular. Maybe it's because my plans didn't go like I thought. Scratch it!! Was I serious about the moving out thing?? Greg had a point that I should adhere to and after that,if I want to move out,I'll go ahead.

Next chapter there. I'm sure you like it because I love it so much. There's a lot coming up but do you think Williams is over reacting? I think being timid is part of the perks of being poor,or? Please share your ideas and let's make this more interesting. Please keep your comments and your votes coming...I still don't know the name to give her. Eyyyy....😂😂😂
Thanks for your ideas for her name.