Happy birthday roommate.

~ Mariya

I wear my new yellow sundress with my black flats, adding a large black belt to show off my small enviable waist. Earlier, Ky had helped curl my honey brown hair into large bangs, sitting on my shoulders.

"You need make up, Mariya. It's your birthday.", Ky pleads with a pout and i snort, rolling my eyes too. Crossing her arms on her chest, giving me pleading looks she smiles at me immediately I shrug nonchalantly.

"Great. You'll look elegant trust me, you already look good, I forgot. Lemme just shut up. ", She rambles childishly, running over to her side bag lying on my dresser, pulling out a sleek make up kit. Great.

I'm lost into space while she paints my face like an skilled artist and a canvas.

My birthday isn't a big deal but Ky and Helda always make it memorable which I'm entirely grateful for.

" You look good now, let's go. Everyone's waiting. ", She orders straightening her dress, pulling me along.

The halls are decorated with it ribbons and lots of balloons, sweet aroma coming from the kitchen and I know that this day isn't going to be boring.

"You look great, Pumpkin.", Granny praises, throwing her frail arms around me in a warm hug. Her eyes are teary and I know what she's thinking.

My parents.

I bet they won't care if today is my birthday or not so I'd preferably not think about it.

My phone rings from my bedside table and I groan, annoyed. Thinking about the anonymous writer took most of my time that I barely slept. Rolling over, I reach out my hand to tone down the sound but the name on the screen makes my breath hitch.

I pull the phone away from my ear immediately I answer it, grinning widely. She loves me that much.

"Happy birthday, Daisy.", She yells excitingly and I chuckle, she's the best person in my life and it feels great to have her call me first.  I'm grateful for taking the phone away from my ear otherwise I'd have just have to suffer severe ear damage for the rest of my life.

" Thank you, Ky.", I start but she cuts me off rambling about a pair of ankle boots she wants to buy from Vibrant, a clearance shop in town.

"Anyway, get ready in three hours. We're going shopping.", She announces and I can already imagine her flipping her hair over her shoulders. At least, on every one of my birthdays, she gets me new clothes.

Right after she hangs up, a call comes in from granny and excitement begins to well up in my eyes. Today marks the twentieth year of living with her and I can't ever wish for a better family.

" Pumpkin, happy birthday. How're you doing?", She says sweetly in her small voice and I chuckle. I really miss her.

", Thank you granny. How are the drugs?", I ask worriedly,biting my nail alongside. My gaze wonders to the picture frame of the two of us smiling broadly on my bedside table and I smile.

At least, she's reacting positively to her new anti cancer drugs which is relieving enough for me to focus on my studies.

" You don't need to worry, Pumpkin. I'm going to allow you to enjoy your day. Make sure to call me tomorrow.", She asserts with a giggle and I laugh.

" I obviously will, granny.", I assure her and the knock on my door makes me roll my eyes. What does he want?

" And tell me about that roommate you started telling me about.",she teases with a laugh and I throw on my pink fluffy morning coat before dragging my feet lazily to the door.

" You're blushing, ain't so?", She jokes again and I swear I'm blushing already, even if I didn't then, I'm on a full red mission now.

" Enough granny. I'll talk to you later.", I end the call and open the door to reveal the dimwit of a roommate I have, holding a big red box with a silver glittery wrapper and a gold bow at the top. It looks plush and I can't wait to see what's inside.

I look down at his arms and shiny glitters are adorning his skin, making him wear a thoroughly annoyed look. His brows are furrowed and his lips are pressed in a tight line.

"Happy birthday roommate, someone dropped this off. ", He pushes the box into my arms and turns away swaying his hips as he walks away to the kitchen.

"Breakfast is in thirty minutes.", He yells over his shoulder and i nod. I watch him till he disappears, an uncanny feeling settling in my stomach.

A disappointed look spreads on my face as I slide down to the hardwood floors of my room, spreading my feet apart and I set the box between my parted legs.

Excitement is bubbling inside me but at the same time, I wish it was genuinely coming from Liam. He didn't even look excited to even hold the box, like it was a plague. 

I pull off the gold ribbon bow from the box and take off the shiny red paper cover, revealing the nicest bag I've seen so far.

A big grin covers my face as I pull out the bag gently from the box.  I've seen Chloe use this similar bag once and I've admired it since. Does it mean it's coming from her? I sincerely doubt.

There's a very familiar flowery envelope inside the box and fear washes over me, making my fingers find difficulty in opening the gold zipper of the black Versace bag. Or perhaps it's a knock off brand to satisfy my sudden desire for things I can't afford?

I gasp in surprise at the interior of the bag. This isn't the knock off brand and I swear, I'm sure it costs a fortune. There's a black fabric inside the bag but before I reach out for it, I take out the red heart shaped box filled with chocolate bars.

I'm certain it's not from granny because she doesn't know my address. I doubt it's from my parents too. I have a stalker following me. This is a really passionate stalker and I don't think I can tell Chloe or Kylie about this. But at least I have an option. To ask Liam.

He would've told me about the person if he had seen so I guess I'll keep it to myself.

I take out the black fabric and it feels warm, soft and I can already imagine how comfortable it'll be. I unfold it and I'm taken aback.

It's a black brand new cardigan with a hoody and SMILE written in silver sparkly cursive writing. Whoever did this must know much about me.

I sniff the cardigan and it smells like it was just taken out of a perfume box, smells so good and feels so good.

My fingers are shaking as I open the flowery envelope. I'm as nervous as ever, even though I'm excited. My eyes are teary by the time I finish reading.

Dear beanie girl

I hope I made you smile. Whenever you want to get things off your chest, I'm just a letter away. I really hope you'll write back.

Anonymous, xoxo.

Aye, thanks for reading. Please keep reading, vote and comment. They really help a lot.