I'm here for you.

~ Mariya

I snatch a light grey sweater from my closet and push it into my bag pack recklessly before running out of my room to meet Liam typing away on his laptop.

"You still have a paper?", he asks me, looking up and examining my looks. I'm wearing a black tank top and my blue flowery cargo pants and my old pair of high top converse. There's a new black beanie on my head and with my bag pack, I can assure you that I look like a traveler.

" Nope. Going somewhere ", I declare in a rush, and he examines me with a scrutinizing gaze and nods.

" I made breakfast.", he discloses with a frown on his face. He looks back on his laptop and I roll my eyes, walking away to the kitchen, pulling on my bag straps. Why'd he always act like a jerk?

The counters are clean and the kitchen sink is empty, giving me doubts about the breakfast he made.  A covered plate captures my eye and a grin spreads on my face, my stomach rumbles on cue and I exhale slowly.

Taking off the ceramic plate, my heart falls into my guts breaking into tiny pieces at the sight of nothing.

Nada.

How could he trick me? Who does he think he is? Well, I gave him the chance to play with me. I roll my eyes and steer towards the door, passing by hall and I shoot one dirty look at him once but he's too focused on his laptop.

I bang the door on my way out, dissipating half of my anger. My stomach growls again and I sigh loudly, walking fast.

Jerk.

"A chicken sandwich and orange juice for me.", I tell the waitress politely and she smiles warmly at me,  spinning on her heels, walking away from me.

Unexpected anticipation takes over me and I hear my heart drumming in my chest. My mind drifts off the letter I sent three days ago. Did I scare him away? This is the first time I've told someone about my greatest apprehensions and I've been nervous since then.

For a reason, I wish I didn't intimidate him. I've been anticipating his write back since the moment I sealed the envelope.  It felt good to let things off my chest and it even felt better letting it out to someone who cared at least.

"Is everything alright?", I hear a sweet bubbly voice from my side. I swallow hard and nod my head slowly, sporting an ostentatious smile, excitement, and anticipation combatting in my head.

I hurry with my breakfast and order a mouthwatering cheeseburger and strawberry milkshake since it's granny's favorite. I'm so excited that she finally has to go home today and by home, they mean the care home. Either way, I'm happy she's leaving the hospital after all she's happy to be with her newly made family.

I flag down a taxi and sit inside, giving the driver the address to the hospital. I sink into the soft seats and disappear from the world.

Did I scare him off? I honestly wish I didn't. I take in a deep breath and think about the last letter I sent him he has been more supportive of me and more protective perhaps I shouldn't have replied but I just couldn't keep him in the dark. It felt good having someone around and knowing the person wasn't even going to judge me.

"We are here", the old driver declares excitedly and stretches out his hand for his money as soon as he pulls up in front of the hospital gate. A large smile covers my face as my grip on the brown paper bag tightens.

I reach out for my purse, handing him his money with a tip as well. Everything is going to be good, I just know it would.

Right after going to the reception, I rush to Granny's room and knock before entering. There's a doctor standing beside her bed writing on a clipboard. The minute granny's eyes meet mine, she smiles at me notifying the doctor of my presence.