Goodbye

I reach the retirement home before i continue to school. Helda has a sad look on her face as we approach the reception even though her hand was still on my shoulder, squeezing it bit by bit.

I gave her a quick peck on her cheek before going to see Granny. I hand my appointment card to the receptionist in front of a desk and she flashes me a small smile before showing me the way to Granny.

I walk slowly down the hallways till I see 376 on the door and knocked. Just then, the door screeched open to reveal a young woman in her thirties probably with a smirk on her face as she embraces me in a hug before scanning me at a glance

"Pumpkin.. ", I her Granny's familiar voice and I smile as I walked towards her, knocking her off in a hug. I could feel the tears from her eyes wetting my shoulders which threatened mine to spill as well. It wasn't easy without her and i missed her as well as she did.

"Granny.. I promise to see you every Friday after class okay..", I assure her and she pressed my hand softly.

"I've always wanted to give you this.."  she mutters through her rasp tone and took off her necklace from her neck and handed it to me.

I stayed with Granny for thirty minutes and left. I hug ky as soon as I reach the waiting lounge and let the tears flow down my cheeks. A hug truly feels good from one who know how it feels lik to need it.

"It's fine. ",I hear her say sadly.
I sat in Helda's old beetle and the drive to my new apartment was silent as I cried into ky's sweat shirt. I don't want to leave Granny alone. I want to take care of her..I sobbed till I doze off I guess.

"Wakey wakey.. sleepy head.", Ky shook me vigorously and I wanted to smack her head hard for interrupting my sleep but Helda was waiting outside the car for us.

It really felt weird leaving home into a rich neighbourhood and into a private school. I wonder how it was going to be over there. I'm sure it's going to be the rich kids around the globe's school..but hopefully,I worked it off to get an admission.

"Hello..", a cheery woman with a beautiful smile greeted me and I pressed Ky's hand nervously and I trailed my travelling bag behind me up the stairs to a room with a porch on the front and I sighed. The lady we met downstairs was just so sweet and I wish I knew what gave her so much happiness so I would try it because my life has been gloomy since I remember.

I tried the door and it was not locked. I push it open a bit and stole a peek before I entered. Geez! It's nicer than Helda's house and mine put together,if only my own was a house or a box. Perhaps its just a milk carton,but Granny made it more than a home.

But this is heaven on Earth. I've never seen anything like this...the dark cream couch was arranged around a glassy centre table with a vase of red roses giving it colour. The dark wine curtains contrasted the dark cream flower vases in the corners of the room. The TV is like a wall...geez!
The lights in the hall was off but it looks so much like specks of diamond put to together. The fresh scent of wood caught my eye and I saw the fireplace on the opposite side of the room,boring into the wall.

This is seriously heaven.

I push the door fully open and we send the bags inside the hall..

"Stay safe, Sweetie.", Helda cautions and flashes me a quick smile before answering her phone call. She winked and went out of the door,leaving Ky and I alone.

Ky's looks grew wild and I continue to look around.. there's one room adjacent the hall with a small dining room beside it and I guess is the kitchen..the dining table housed expensive dinnerware and sparkly silver cutlery with four chairs on each side. A big fruit basket sat in the middle and lots of different fruits were filled in it to the brim, reminding me about my empty tummy that has been craving for good food for ages.

A small space separated the two bedrooms and a bookshelf stood in the corner with quite a number of books well arranged.

Looking around,there was no such mess and I'm certain extreme neatness is a complete antonym of me.

I heard the door open and Helda enters in a rush,picking her grey bag from the arm of the couch. I'm sure she had to leave for something important and at that moment,I felt my world's crashing down.

"We have to go. I got called at work,and you know I can't stay any longer.", She jabbers and that broke me down the more. Ky came towards me and hugged the life out of me and tears streams down my face and she felt so close to me. She'd been my friend since childhood and we've been in the same school, being in each other's houses,gone everywhere together and it has never felt this weird. 

She pulled away and I hug Helda,with all the gratitude left in me. She has been more than a mum to me for all my nineteen years on Earth and I love her that much. She has been there for Granny as well..

She kissed my hair and walked towards Ky,with tears in her eyes.

"Do well to call sometimes..", she broke the awkward silence and I forced a chuckle....

"I will..", I managed through my hitched breath and followed them outside to the car.

Helda got into the car and I hugged Ky for the last..."I'm going to miss you,honey bunch sugar plum cuppy cake gum drop Sleepy head.", She teased and I smack her head,drawing away from her.

"You suck.", I curse under my breath and she seized me,holding me firm while I tried to redeem myself. This was our best play. I say something mean and she seizes me like a criminal... I let out a laugh like I always do when I'm seized.

"Say I'm the boss", She orders in a fake hoarse voice and I laugh more.

"I'm the boss.", I mimic and she throws me a fake dirty glance,pressing me harder to herself.

"No,say Kylie Roberts is the boss.", She orders fiercely and I squirm in her grasp but she won't let go.

"Ky,",Helda yelled from the car and she released me,kissing me on the cheek before entering the car.

More tears came into my eyes but I had to be strong. I stood and watched them leave the yard off the road till they were completely out of sight.