I can't tell you.

Errmmmm.... Please this chapter is exclusively Mariya's POV. We'll get to know why she burst into tears because I also didn't understand why. And of course, a bit of her past.  Thank you.

~Mariya

I bang the door behind me, making sure to lock it because I don't want Liam to see me in this state. I try to control it but it just takes over me. Damn memories!!  For so long, I've been trying to stop thinking about the low life I am and how much of a mistake I am.

No wonder my parents dumped me on my granny. Or perhaps Granny is taking care of me because she pities me.

Damn it.

I pull the curtains close and slump onto my bed cleaning my cheek with the back of my hand.

Why do I keep giving Liam a reason to worry?? I know freaking out was just a lame idea but I couldn't stand crying in front of him so I just have to leave. I'm sure I left him worried.

I pull the bed cover close enough to cover every part of my body and shut my eyes hard, curling myself into a ball because of the cold.

I can hear the rain drops hitting the windows of my room and the sound of thunder striking making me curl my toes, sinking deeper into the small bed. It's not that I fear thunder but it made me not want to sleep since I found the sound a bit scary.

Checking the small alarm clock on my beside table, it's only twenty three minutes past two am and I still couldn't sleep knowing well that I have school in the next five hours. I know granny won't really appreciate me staying awake.

Lots of thoughts flood my mind especially about my birth. I know nothing about it and granny never slipped on even a word about it. I don't know if Granny's son is my dad or her daughter is my mum. She never likes to talk about it but it hurts me to know nothing about my birth parents.

Why did they leave me in Granny's care? Or what if granny isn't my real granny? Did she find me somewhere? On the garbage? In a gutter? Or I was left on her front step like in many cliche movies?

Why was I even born if my parents knew they weren't going to take care of me? No one loves me.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and pull the covers off my skin, allowing the chill from the weather sting my skin evilly making me shiver,gritting my teeth and putting my arms around my shoulders.

It's awfully cold.

I rush to my closet with most of it  just empty space unlike Ky's. I pick the light pink sweater she gave me on my birthday with the picture of Taylor Swift in the front smiling, showing of her mighty fine white teeth and nude makeup under an umbrella. It's my favorite sweater for the past one year.

I put it on and go out of my room, heading to the hall tiptoeing slowly so Granny won't hear me.

Passing by her door, I couldn't hear the soft usual snores that proves that she's asleep. What is she still doing awake? I'm selfish to not have thought about her. Fear sweeps over me as I open her door slowly to check up on her. My heart is beating unrhythmically as I was beginning to fear that she might not be home. She's my only family and should anything happen to her, I'm just going to die.

The light in her room is off, unusually since she doesn't like to sleep in the dark. More fear grips me and I tighten the grip on my shoulders as thunder strikes again.

I turn on the light only to meet an empty bed,I rush to her bedside and yank off the blankets from her bed and still proves she's still not in her bed.

I hurry out of her room to the hall with fresh tears in my eyes only to hear the very familiar snore. I sigh as relief washes over me. I walk over to her wide only to see dried tears on her cheek and smudged makeup under her eyes. Her hair is out of the ponytail from earlier on and her clothes are still on. Her pumps are lying by the door.

Guilt takes over me as I scoot closer to her, shaking her lightly before watching her open her eyes slowly to meet mine.

Her bright blue eyes are just like an open book, everything she's feeling is right in there.

More tears glisten my eyes as I see many emotions I've never seen in my life flash her eyes making me shiver in my own skin. She's always the bubbly optimistic Granny I've always cherished but this whole grievous emotion is completely new to me.

She looks like she has been crying non-stop and it breaks my heart to see the person who always has a smile on her face cry.

"You should go to bed.", I say softly, cracking up inside. One thing I learned from Granny was to not let your emotions control you. Be strong and optimistic.

I watch her get up from the couch and hurriedly put my arm around her frail shoulder, leading her towards her room. As soon as she lays on her bed, I put her blanket over her and go back to the hall to check why she was crying.

I notice a white envelope on the coffee table where a larger white envelope sat with a hospital stamp on it, drawing my attention.

I pick the larger one first and check the inside, to match my thoughts,it's full of medicines. What's she going to do with all these?? Lots of questions begin to come into my mind and guilt follows. If I had cared for Granny as much as I do to myself, I'd have known why she has so many drugs from the doctor and her seeing the doctor won't be a secret.

I open the smaller envelope to see lots of small cards and test papers as well as letters falling out onto my lap making me fear.

Checking the first letter, it shows a cancer test that shows positive.

Before I finished reading the letter, I break down and let out all the tears left in me.

Please vote
Comment
And share

Thank you.