Perks of being a Clarendon.

Williams.

I finish cleaning up the mess she had left before I took her to the hospital with lots of thoughts running through my mind.

What the heck is going on in my life, damn me trying to be normal. What's wrong with her. anyway? Or that's the poor man's reaction to a rich kid's looks. Well, I'm confused.

I put away the groceries and retracted to the hall to rest a little before going for my car. My thoughts drift to the neatly furnished two bedroom apartment in school dad secured for me. Damn! That's a pure example of living in luxury but I want to try out this new kinda living.

The buzzing sounds of my phone sounds, snapping at my thoughts and I held my fingers together, managing a fist, if only I can punch myself. I promised to call mum after I've settled down and it's been three days after they dropped me off at the little mansion they had created for me.

God! That woman!! How else will I make her believe I'm fine without them and servants waiting for my beck and call... I'm fine mum!!! I yell in my thoughts and my phone rings again. I fish for it out of my pocket and saw a strange number.

"Hello... I'll be right there, thank you."

Hospital!! On the first encounter, my roomie, she won't let me be, huh ! Maybe I'm starting to regret this entire decision of trying to live a normal life with poor people. I change my shirt and wear an orange and black gingham one  over my faded tattered jeans, walking lazily towards the flight of stairs, skipping steps down and enter the Uber I ordered. My phone rings again and I punch my thigh in frustration. When will people stop thinking I exist to stop pestering me... The traffic gave me some time to relax in the quite comfy seats in the Uber.

"Mum, I'm sorry I wasn't able to call after I settled. I had to relax.", I mutter into the phone, hoping she doesn't ask if my toe nails got pedicured after I missed it last Tuesday.

"I was so worried about you, Baby.",she blurts out with so much worry lacing through her tone. Damn! This woman worries so much... I chuckle lightly before replying her text with a simple "sorry, mum."

"I hope you like your new house. Please accept your dad's request of you having someone do your chores and errands for you. ", She pleads again like she always did but when did she ever learn to understand that I can live on my own? I can drive, do the laundry, hire a cleaner during weekends or do my own thing, prepare a couple of simple meals, and what ___ that's all I guess.

"Mum!,you need not worry about me. I'm fine,trying to live independently." I explained hoping she understands but I hear my dad yell behind her and I knew it was time to hang up. These are part of the perks of living with protective parents.

"You're going to be the heir of Clarendon Architecture and I don't want you living a low life. Appreciate what I'm offering you,son."

What did I do to be Clarendon? I wish I'm a commoner like my roomie,not taking over Architecture like I even wanted to. No wonder he wants me to go to Harvard University from graduating from here just like he did. It pays so much to be a Clarendon and I'll pay any price to be a commoner. I've been homeschooled all my life and i wonder how it feels to be in a crowd,well,I joined an expensive class in my final year at high school and i had the feel of being the hottest guy on campus and been a Clarendon spoiled the case completely. Girls have been swooning over me and I really found that highly uncomfortable.

Williams Barrett Clarendon.

Hopefully,I managed to get my Clarendon undercover here in college because I don't want the whole school acting like I'm heaven on earth. I only want some comfortability. I pick up my car before heading towards the hospital to pick up my roomie.

Clarendon....

Gosh! Only Greg understands me whenever I complain about being a Clarendon. If only I could be the doctor I wanted. Dad never agreed to my idea and it freaks me out every moment I think about it. I grew up with my cousin,Greg Barrett and he has been my best friend since then. And my kid sister, Gabriela.

Sadly,Gabriela also has to be homeschooled just like I was so she could also enter the Architecture field as a Clarendon. Though mum isn't in full favour of this,she believes its a good opportunity. For Gabriela,she has a reason for being homeschooled. She has been sick most of her life so she needs a serious teacher to help her catch up with her loss at school and also to tolerate her slow learning habits.

But as a Clarendon,I'm fortunate to have dad allow me join college like any other kid but to note,this is the most expensive college here,so seriously,it makes no difference. And the private apartment I had at school. I'm supposed to be watched by Greg but as the brother he has always been to me,he hired me a cheap apartment so I could live a bit freely like he is.

And also,since this is an expensive college,I wonder if my roomie is also in my school because,its not a poor person's place,sorry if I'm being rude but its true. I've never heard of a poor kid or even average kid graduate at this college. So I strongly doubt if my roommate I'd supposed to be in my school. Moreover,only extremely bright kids. Note the highlights. Extremely brilliant kids qualify to study here under scholarships of which I rarely hear of. 

So it all makes sense if I find my roomie to be strange...or? I reach the hospital and head straight towards the reception.

Next chapter there(^.^) I hope you like it as much I do. Is Williams trying to be ungrateful for the luxurious living his dad is giving him by trying to live a poor one to follow his dreams?? Has he realised it yet that living a poor life isn't going to change his parent's mind about him. But i wonder how its going to feel being homeschooled...its certainly going to be so boring so I really apologize for making such a fine boy have a terrible choice of education. Well, I'm working on publishing the next chapter ASAP. But why was she scared when he entered the room?? That she even broke a glass vase?? Should she be clumsy?? Or just act nerdy and be a Ms. Goody two shoes. I have a crush on Greg now,he's cool enough to make Williams' dream come true. He's cute. Thank you for reading. I love you. Please comment and vote because its very very very very much important.

I'm dedicating this chapter to @bernianica. With love of cause. Wink wink. 😉😉.

Keep reading. More surprises ahead.

Ami Mawuena