chapter 6 - triwizard tournament

october 31, 1975

boys dormitory.

 ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

James POV 

I wake up early Saturday morning to an eerily silent dorm. It appeared that I was the only one awake so I went to take a shower before Sirius could hog the whole bathroom with his various kinds of expensive shampoos and conditioners. Not even bothering to comb my hair, I changed into my robes, making sure to loosen my tie. I know damn well that an undone tie really irks Lily, and she's been fixing my tie since the beginning of the year. 

As I walk into the common room and sit down in a giant red armchair, and I think about what Lily said to me a few weeks ago. 'I don't not love you'. Does she really? She has got to be joking. She can't fancy me. But maybe she does. Or maybe not. Or she's been snogging Snivellus in secret. Just then, I see Lily enter the common room with a rather large book. 

 ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

Lily POV

Oh would you look at that. If it isn't perfect Potter with a stupid grin on his face. 

"Morning, Evans. Did you sleep well?" Potter asked politely.

"Why do you care?" I snapped back. 

"Woah there tiger, I'm just staying hello."  

"Awww really?" I say in fake amusement as I sit down to read my book about the British Navy. 

"Nice jumper, Evans. Want my tie?" 

I remember that I still have 10 or so 'Potter, 07' jumpers in my trunk. 

"Ugh no, take it back!" I say as I pull the jumper over my head and throw it at Potter. 

"Here Evans, take my tie!" 

"Uh no you don't!" I say and lunge at him to fix his tie .

"Wow Evans, getting a little close?" Potter said, picking me up. 

"Boo, you prick. Put me down!" 

"Not until you call me James!" 

I didn't want to call him James. I wanted him to love me, so I did what I had to do. I kissed him on the cheek and ran out of his arms and out of the common room to the great hall for breakfast, leaving Potter red in the face with his mouth wide open. 

 ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ 

At breakfast, Dumbledore announced that this year we would have the Triwizard Tournament along with the Yule Ball. As if on cue after the announcement was made, at least forty girls in sky blue robes danced into the great hall, making all the boys drool. 

"Lily!" Alice whispered between gritted teeth, gesturing at the boys.

"What?" I whispered asked. 

"James isn't looking at those girls." 

"And?" 

"He's looking at you!" 

"Evans, Yule Ball with me?" Potter said, looking at me. 

For the first time, I actually had to think about my answer. 

 ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ