chapter 16 - the downfall of wood

💥 trigger warning: yelling 💥

summary at the end if you don't want to read the yelling bit. 

may 1, 1976 

Boy's Dormitory 

9pm 

James POV

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

I had gone back to hexing people in the hallways. Lily didn't even have time to roll her eyes at it anymore or scold me about it. Because she was too busy with her darling boyfriend, Asa. I was sitting in my four-poster bed, curtains drawn completely shut, reading Quiddich Through the Ages with my wand illuminated at the tip. 

"Prongsie?" Sirius called from his bed. 

"What is it?" I asked calmly. 

"Have you done the Transfiguration essay?" 

"I'm halfway done with it, why?" 

"I haven't done mine yet, and it's a bit quiet and stiff in here, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Common Room and do it?" 

"Fine." I said as I closed my book and opened my curtains. "Shit, where's my textbook?" 

"Dunno." Sirius says casually, looking around. 

"Well I understand the basic concepts of the essay so I probably won't need it."

As we were sitting down in the common room, I saw Alice.

"Hey Alice, do you have your Transfiguration textbook?" I asked hopefully. 

"Yeah, I do, just don't move the book mark I have, okay?" Alice said as she turned and picked the textbook up.

"Yeah, of course Alice. Thanks a million." I said happily, sitting up so she could give me the textbook. 

"Well, I'm off to bed, you can keep the textbook til' tomorrow." 

"Okay, night Alice." 

I immediately noticed the book mark and opened to that page. My mouth dropped open at the sight of what the book mark was, however. It was a photograph of Lily, wearing Wood's Quiddich jumper and kissing him while he's upside down on his broomstick. I gagged out loud. 

"You good, mate?" Sirius piped up from behind his textbook.

"Yeah, just had something in my throat, sorry." I mumbled. 

I couldn't focus on the essay much after that and went up to bed shortly after. 

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

The next morning, I woke up early and went to breakfast early. Remus was also awake, so we went down together. Halfway through breakfast, Sirius and Peter showed up, followed closely by Wood and Lily. 

Breakfast was quite tense after that. 

Walking out the great hall, I couldn't stand it any longer.