chapter 4 - too much potter!

september 2, 1975 

gryffindor girl's dormitory 

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

Lily POV 

I woke up early in the morning because I wanted a shower. After digging in my trunk, I pulled out a jumper, a white collared shirt, and a gray skirt. After walking to the bathroom and taking a quick shower, I put on the sweater over my white collared polo and pull on my skirt. I grab a random book and head down to the common room to read. 

After an hour, people start to trickle into the common room. It isn't long until the Marauders bust in loudly and talk about Quiddich while settling into chairs by the fire. 

Potter and his stupid hair and stupid grin and stupid undone tie in the middle of all the laughter and loud talking. I get up as quietly as I can and walk out, but just as I'm at the portrait hole exit I see Alice, who isn't gonna let me walk away without talking to Potter. Quite right I was when Alice yanked me toward the boys and practically shoved me into Potter, who was thoroughly enjoying my annoyance. 

"Watch your step, Evans. Might be landing on my lips if you fall right." Potter said slyly. 

"I hate you." I said, getting up. 

"Well you must not. Look at your jumper!" James said, pointing at my back. 

"What's it say?" I say, trying to keep an even tone. 

"Potter, 07." Potter said, the grin on his face getting wider.

At this point, I've had enough. I grab Potter's collar and yank him down.

"Listen Potter, I don't want anything to do with you." 

"Shan't stop loving you if you don't say please." Potter said in a mocking Peeves voice.

"Ugh. Your tie is still askew." 

Again I adjusted his tie. 

"That's better." Potter said as he pushed my hand off his collar and took my hand and lead my away.

"What are you doing?!" I say scornfully as I notice more and more people giggling and looking at us.

"You still have to kiss me, Evans." Potter whispered. 

I walked away from him and back to the group, who were all doubled over laughing. 

"Wait til she figures it out!" Sirius sputtered at Alice.

Redder than the Potter sweater I was wearing, I went up to the dorms. So much for getting to breakfast early. I rummaged through my trunk to find a different sweater, but all of them manged to say 'Potter' on them. Stupid Sirius and Alice. 

I walk down the dorm stairs and get to the common room. I see the Marauders and Alice have left. I'll go solo and hope my red hair is long enough to hide my jumper. 

 ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

- time skip to last period - 

Last period was potions with Hufflepuff. At least they're nicer than stinking Slytherin. But Potter was in this class. I can't decide which is worse. 

But no, it got worse. I had to work with Potter on this potion. 

"Hey Evans!" Potter said cheerfully, making it hard to be mad at him. 

"I um- I hat- hi Potter." I stutter like an idiot. And I feel my cheeks heat up when I look at his eyes. 

Ugh they're stupidly pretty and hazel. 

"Cat got your tongue?" Potter teases while cutting up and ingredient in the Draught of Living Death potion. 

"You want me to carry you to the hospital wing?" he taunted somewhat lovingly. 

"I've had too much Potter today." I say and hit him with my potion book. 

 ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ