chapter 25 - slughorn's christmas party

december 25, 1976 

7th year Gryffindor girl's dorm

lily pov

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

"bloo-d-y he-ll." I say through thick yawns. It was once again nearly 6 in the morning, and the girls all agreed to help me get ready for Slughorn's Christmas Party. Again, the party is happening late at night, so there is no need to be up at this ungodly hour. Well, at least I got to sleep for an extra three hours compared to the last time we woke up to prepare for an event. 

"Stop cursing, there are children present." Alice said. 

"Whose kids or what children?" I asked in disbelief. 

"Your and James' hypothetical children, duh." 

"I asked him to the dance as-"

"Friends, yeah, you've said it plenty of times. Except, you're not friends, you're lovers. The real Hogwarts Romeo and Juliet." Marlene said, cutting me off. 

"I hate it that you know who those people are, I'm not about to poison myself for a man, that goes against any of my pride." I respond. I knew getting those sappy romance books for her and Sirius' anniversary was a bad idea. 

"Irrelevant, anyways, just admit you love the boy after you go shower." Mary said, handing me a bottle of shampoo. 

"Fine, I'l shower, but I won't be admitting and feelings." I said sarcastically. 

"Oh no, look who's catching feelings." Marlene said dramatically, collapsing backwards onto her bed at putting a hand to her head. 

"Oh shut up, I'm this-" I made a pinching motion and had my two fingers very close together, leaving a small gap between them, "Close to poisoning you."

"You can't poison someone without probable cause and motive, dear Lily Potter." Dorcas said from across the dorm.

"Your poetism isn't helping, Dorcas. And for the last bloody time, forget I ever put my name as 'Lily Potter' on an potions essay." I said, slightly exasperated. 

"Totally gonna tell everyone about that at your wedding." Alice said, a grin spreading across her wide. "Here's my proposal to be your Maid of Honor who gives the best, dorkiest, and most exposing speech at your wedding. It starts with the line 'I fucking knew it' and ends with, 'we all fucking knew it, didn't we?' " 

"I think you just confirmed that I won't be having a wedding, thank you very much." I said, throwing the shampoo bottle at Alice, and that din't wipe the grin off that girl's face. She kept smiling and gave me a sort of maternal 'I knew it' look. 

"Well, who else are you supposed to marry? Asa?" Mary asked. "Don't throw a shampoo bottle at me, I'm genuinely curious." Mary covered he face in her hands. 

"I've run out of shampoo bottles to throw at you Mary, plus, it's actually kind of a good question, to which the answer is-" I start, before stopping and actually considering the answer. "I, er-, dunno, really."

"Don't marry Asa, he literally broke up because he knew you loved James, remember? You literally asked us to try and make James fall in love with you. James' loved you for 7 years, Lily, you just gotta accept that. Asa was rooting for you and James, no offence, but we all saw it coming that he would break up with you because, let's face it, you couldn't really keep your eyes off James, even when you were glaring at him. Now, let's get you into this dress."