chapter 20 - the potters

june 26, 1976 

potter residence 

lily POV

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

I opened the door to a grinning Sirius. 

"Welcome home, dear Lilykins." Sirius said happily. 

"Do you live here?" Alice asked.

"Yeah, I do. Had to get away from my family and their pure-blood. Honestly, I'm pretty sure they were gonna shove me into an arranged marriage with my brother to keep our blood pure." Sirius said sarcastically.

"What an awkward wedding that would be, Boo." Marlene said jokingly. 

"Yep. C'mon guys, the Marauders are waiting." Sirius said, gesturing at the door.

We walked through James' house. It looked very expensive. The ceiling was painted with cherubs that flew around and there was an elegant cream wallpaper above the dark wood floor. 

"Aren't James' parents here?" I ask earnestly. 

"Nah, they won't care as long as we don't trash the place. And don't act so innocent, you just pulled the same stunt yesterday." Sirius said sarcastically as we continued to walk through the house. 

We stopped at a pair of large glass doors that led out to an even bigger yard. 

"JAMES!" Sirius bellowed as he opened the doors and led us outside. 

"Sup mate, and er-" James said, scanning the group behind Sirius. 

"Maudettes?" Mary suggested. 

"Sure!" James said, grinning. "So, what're we gonna do?"

"Quiddich?" Peter suggests.

"Sure, Wormtail." Sirius said, walking over to a small wooden shed, which I assumed was a broom shed. 

"What are the teams?" Dorcas asked as Sirius came back with an armful of brooms. 

"We'll figure it out." James said, shrugging. Sirius dropped the brooms to the ground with a loud clatter and we all picked up a broom. Kicking off, we all rose into the air. 

"Can't the muggles see us?" I ask, looking down. 

"Nah, mum's put protective and invisibility charms around the place." James said assuring. "Now, teams. How about-"

"I'm feeling rather er- peaky. I'll just spectate." Remus interrupted, flying to the ground. 

"Right, then. Me, Peter, Dorcas and Mary. Then Sirius, Lily, Marlene and Alice." James said.

"We don't have enough people for each position." I pointed out.

"Right you are, Lily. We don't need Beaters, so 2 chasers, a keeper and a seeker, yeah?" James replied like it was the most obvious thing n the world, making me roll my eyes sarcastically.