chapter 19 - poolside

june 25, 1976 

evans residence 

Lily POV

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

Marlene, Alice, Dorcas, Mary and I had been owling each other as well as the boys about this pool get together. Today is the day they're all coming over while my parents are out of town and Petunia is at Vernon's house. I'm clearing off my desk in my room when I hear a knock on the door. I quickly run downstairs and open the door. 

"Lily!" Alice says happily.

"Alice!" I say, reaching over to hug her. 

We walk inside and sit in the living room until we hear a rhythmic knocking and a lot of snickering. 

Exchanging looks, Alice looks at me and says "Must be James and Sirius." I nod and get up to answer the door. Sure enough, I see James leaning against the door frame, grinning. 

"Lils!" He says. 

"Where's Sirius?" I ask, looking over James' shoulder.

"Over there. That idiot is polishing his motorbike." James says sarcastically, gesturing at Sirius in the distance, who was indeed polishing a shiny black motorbike. 

"Sirius!" I yell, prompting him to look up. "Stop polishing your motorbike!" 

"It's not a motorbike, it's John Lennon!" Sirius yells back. 

"Get inside NOW!" I say, sounding exponentially maternal. 

"LILY!" Turning away from Sirius, I see the unmistakable blonde hair of Marlene running out of a blue Ford Cortina car. Following her was an equally blonde and excited Mary, who ran up to me and hugged me. 

"Hey guys!" I say cheerfully. Once Marlene and Mary broke away from our hug, Marlene ran over to Sirius. 

"Ew guys, no PDA!" Mary said jokingly. 

"Where was my hug, love?" James said, pouting. 

"Not gonna give you one! Oh look, there's Remus, Peter and Dorcas!" I say, running across my lawn to greet them. I notice Remus looks pretty banged up. Must've just been full moon. After we all said hi, I lead everyone to the backyard where James swiftly threw Sirius into the pool. 

"Not cool, Jamsie!" Sirius teased as he climbed out and barrel towards James and knocked him into the water, making all of us laugh. 

Everyone was in the water a few short minutes later except for me. I was putting on sunscreen because I was not in the mood to be burnt tomorrow. I was sitting in the sun when I was suddenly lifted up by someone. Looking up, I realized it was James.

"Put me down!" I yell.

"Nah, I won't." James said, grinning. 

"Don't test me, Potter." 

"Oh well!" 

James runs forward, still clinging onto me and throws me into the water.

"Prat!" I spit out, flailing around in the water.