chapter 17 - the third task

💥 trigger warning- mention of blood (not gore) 💥

June 2, 1976 

girl's dormitory

9am

Lily POV

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

Potter and I hadn't made up in a month. I couldn't even bear to hear his name anymore. Alice, Mary, Marlene, Dorcas and Asa, bless their hearts, have done their best to avoid talking about him. The third task was in less than three weeks. I hadn't seen much of Potter, Sirius, and Peter. On my nightly prefect duties with Remus (who also abided by the 'don't mention the words james or potter' rule), Remus told that they were busy studying for the third task. 

"Lils?" Alice asked. 

"What is it?" I asked. I was currently laying on my bed trying to study herbology. 

"The last Hogsmeade visit is today after lunch. You wanna go with me and the girls?" 

"I'd love that, as long as I don't see HIM." 

"Well, I'd love to go, but I have a date with Sirius." Marlene piped up.

"That's okay, Mar. Wouldn't want to be 3rd wheeling that date." Alice said, grinning.

"More like 6th wheeling." Mary chimed in. 

"Boys are dumb." I said quietly.

"Only some boys are dumb." Marlene corrected. 

I snorted and rolled my eyes. 

Boys are dumb. 

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

James POV

"PROTEGO!" I yelled. 

The jinx that Sirius cast was deflected. 

"Guys, this is so boring. It's the last Hogsmeade visit today. It's three weeks until the final task." Peter groaned. 

"You're right, Wormtail, let's go." Sirius said. 

"C'mon guys, just one more hex." I asked politely. 

"You said 'one more hex' an hour ago, James." Remus said gently. 

"Fine."

We made our way to Hogsmeade and stopped by the Three Broomsticks. 

"Well lads, I have a date with my lovely girlfriend now." Sirius said, grinning while he stood up.

"See you at dinner." Remus, Peter and I said together. 

We sat in silence at our table until I spoke up.

"Rem, does SHE talk about me during your prefect duties?" 

I was talking about Lily. It's truly impossible to stay furious at her for a month. I still feel awful for screaming at her for being with Wood. I was so, so selfish.