chapter 31 | Hard time

•••

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

6:10 pm.

The dinner now cooked, I sit down on my chair just right next to Mino but away from my baby, after staying in the bedroom all alone. I don't know why but the teacher separated the girls from us to be at different tables. As if this was necessary...

The only thing I'm happy about is that I can see y/n, she's in my sight so we can see each other. Anyway, I have to bite the bullet and deal with it until the end of the meal. I grab my chopsticks and start to eat, checking on y/n since I can't hold back from doing it but noticing she's doing the same. I haven't come back to her after the argument with Jisung so I must have caused some anxiousness to her.

"Are you okay?" Mino pokes my arm with his elbow but I look at him. "Yeah..."

"That means no," he understands me. "You're too obvious," a sigh escapes him but he lays his eyes on me with worry. "What happened in the bedroom?" he asks out of concern but since I need to talk to him, I tell the truth. I say everything, sentences after sentences that were said to not miss a thing.

"...so after that..." I gulp down but keep going. "I just stayed in the room to be all alone...I needed to..." I explain the reason of my absence earlier and he acquiesces.

"Hm..." he chews on his food but shows he's thinking about what I said. "Oh and also...I talked to her about Sangook...and guess what..." I put this forth to drift away from the first topic that only hurts me. "Well...that scares the shit out of me but I'm gonna say...she's his daughter...?"

"She is..." I let the truth out with a knot in my stomach. "That was really shocking when she said his name...I couldn't believe it...and the things she said made it clear this wasn't another guy with the same name...I almost got the chills..."

"That's pretty messed up...but...thank god he's not blood-related to you or else that would have been horrible for the both of you...you know..." he shows a disgusted face while having some thoughts on his mind. "That would mean that your sister gave you head...and that..." he shivers on his spot like a dumbass. "Just ew..."

"You say 'ew' but some people are into that..." I raise my eyebrows but still don't agree with my sentence. "And those people are sick," he stuffs his mouth with some rice but I keep my eyes fixed on the table, thinking about some things I shouldn't have in my head. "Yeah but...what if...what if I got to know she was my sister earlier...? Do you think I would have erased all my feelings just like that...? That's messed up but when that happens you think differently..."

"In this case, I understand because you don't know it but..." he shrugs. "Otherwise that'd weird."

"The weirdest about it is the fact that just because we know they're a sister or brother, they don't feel the same way anymore," I point out with what seems wise to me. "Like, if you don't know she's your sister, you fall in love with her without any problem but that girl doesn't change just because she's your sister, you know?"

"Yeah I understand what you mean," he doesn't leave me in my opinion without getting what I say. "Whatever..." I sight and look down at my dish. "I...I feel weird since that argument with Jisung..."

"What do you mean?" he frowns and pushes his spoon in his rice. I scratch my eyebrow and keep my eyes down with shame. "I hate this feeling but...I hate to be hurting him...I feel guilty and bad as hell for what I did and...I don't know..."

"What the hell are you thinking about Jungkook?" his forearms touch the table and the lilt of his voice deepens. "Do you think I deserve y/n?" I gaze up into his eyes but feel my heart aching. "What if...I should not let myself date her...? I hurt Jisung...I did the worst thing ever to him and I'm just a shit..."