chapter 5 | jealousy

10 minutes later...

"It's here..." she indicates a small but pretty house among the others in this narrow street barely filled with people. This is calm and pleasant. "Hm...alright then..." I stop in front of the gate with her, this high one hiding us from the front yard and windows of her house. "Thank you for accompanying me to here," she looks up into my eyes, taking her keys out of her bag. "No need to thank me, I wanted to make sure you were...alright and safe."

"See you tomorrow?" she falteringly says, holding her item in her grip while fidgeting on her spot. "Yeah, see you and take care," I nod but smile at her, regretting after this short moment only how much of an asshole I was with her these previous days.

I step back as she gave the same movement of her head and turn around, to go back on my steps. "Oh...by the way," I halt my way to look back at her. "Uhm...you have my number so...if you ever need me, call or text me."

"Alright," she grins softly, making me understand that I can go without cogitating too much about what I could have told her. "Good night," I wave at her briefly and leave once I see her doing so.

— Next day —

Thursday, October 21, 2019.

7:00 am.

"See you later mom, love you," I tell her goodbye while leaving the house, my phone in my hand as I'm now ready to go to school. Today, I oddly feel different inside as if the interactions with y/n yesterday had released me from all the remorse and negative thoughts.

I'm wondering about something though, am I going to see y/n in the subway? Or will she take it later? Or maybe she already took it...I don't even know why I'm asking myself those questions.

I peek at my phone to check what time it is but notice some texts I received from Jisung.

< Were you with y/n yesterday? ]

< I really hope you're not trying anything or else I won't forgive you. What have you done? ]

[ I'm not trying anything. I was just feeling bad after what you told me about what I did and something happened that made me apologize to her. Then we just walked to her house >

He doesn't answer anything so I get in the chat I haven't checked in a while.

[ Hey, are you taking the subway today? >

< Hey, yes I am. Why? ]

[ When? >

< I take the one that arrives in twenty minutes ]

[ Oh alright. I'm already heading to mine. I thought I would see you >

< You should have told me earlier, I can't take that one anymore it already passed at this hour ]

[ It's fine, just be careful and try to stay in a corner to not have a man close to you >

< I know don't worry ]

I leave this conversation and get in my playlist, to put my earphones and now listen to some music. I'm only going to arrive at school in twenty minutes so I have all the time I want.

25 minutes later...

My earphones leaving my ears, I put them in my bag while entering the schoolyard. Jisung hasn't texted me again while I was on my way so I need to see him and talk about what happened yesterday.