veintiocho

the next day

taymor

"is nick almost here?" tasha asked me. i nodded, "yeah his uber should be here soon". she walked back to her room to finish getting ready while i sat on the couch.

nick was coming to my family's thanksgiving dinner first and then we was going to his afterwards. we thought this would be a good chance to finally introduce each other to the others family members in our lives other than just our parents and siblings.

after about 5 minutes, nick texted me telling me to open the door. i got up and walked towards to the front. once i opened the door nick was walking up the stairs and entered my house with a smile on his face. i took that time to take in what he was wearing. he had on a black turtleneck with a small grey cardigan with black jeans and black high top cdg converses. his hair was in a half up half down style and he also had on the necklace i recently bought him with my name on it.

"baby you look mad good" i complimented pulling him into my chest hugging him tightly. he giggled, hugging me back.

"thank you"

he let go and let his eyes travel up and down my body, "you look good too"

i only had on a all red polo sweatsuit with all white g fazos on. "you look better" i said as i shook my head.

"no you do"

"nah-"

"y'all ugly or whateva" tasha said interrupting our little compliment war.

"ma he's here let's go" she yelled out walking out the door. we followed her. it was silent until nick spoke up, "tasha you look cute"

she smiled at him, "thanks boo"

"no you don't. you over doing it with that fur coat. crurella head ahh" i rolled my eyes. tasha always found it her job to be the extra family member. always showing up to family events trying to look better than everyone else.

tasha looked at me and dug in her purse, pulling out a pair of big blocky sunglasses. she unfolded them and put them on, "that's the point lil bro".

see what i mean? it's literally almost 9 o'clock on a november night. whereeeee is she going with sunglasses on. i just looked at her with a blank expression before moving my attention to nick.

"we taking my car since we leaving early" i said and he nodded and got in my car. my mom then came out and her and tasha got in her car.

we finally started driving towards my grandmothers house and nick asked a couple questions about who would be there and what to expect. i let him know it would be around 15-20 people there but there was nothing to worry about. my family is accepting and they would treat nick like family, atleast that's what i'm hoping.

we finally arrived and we walked in the house and it seemed empty but people's belongings were on the couches and such. "they probably in the dining room" my mom said. we followed her to find my family standing around the table making their plates.

"oh y'all some real niggers" tasha said catching their attention. everyone looked at us and some groaned looking at tasha's outfit.