CHAPTER 12: GET TOGETHER

Rhianna's P.O.V.

"Ms. Rhianna can you tell me why you've got the same answer with Zoey? Same number of mistakes and correct. We knew that one of you cheated or copied someone's answer." Ma'am Vargas, the school director was now staring at me seriously as she said those words. At nandito na naman ako sa paborito kong department, admission office. Lagi na lang akong napapatawag dito a. Masyado nila akong paborito.

"Kasi parehas lang naman ng tanong." maang-maangan ko pang sagot kasabay ng pagblink ko ng mga mata.

"Of course―we're not―"

I cut her off. "No listen... Ya asking me why I got the same answer as her? Of course parehas lang naman ng tanong―what would you expect? Nakakatawa naman kayo." I sneered.

"Remember, muntikan ka ng maka third offense dahil sa away niyo ni Chelsea. Nakaligtas ka lang dahil siya ang may kasalanan―pero tingnan mo comatose pa rin siya. Kung halimbawa ikaw ang may kasalanan at nagreklamo ang parents niya. Matagal na naming sinabi ito sa parents mo."

"She deserved it anyways." I was saved that day, Chelsea was still at the hospital. She's in coma, I just find out that their parents wanted to neglect her dahil isa siyang patapon na anak. Ilang beses na rin siyang napapaaway at sinabi na baka daw karma niya 'yan para matuto na siya sa buhay niya. I was so nervous back then, akala ko magsasampa sila ng kaso. Thank goodness hindi naman pala. Paniguradong lagot ako sa parents ko kapag nalaman nilang may gustong magsampa ng kaso laban sa'kin.

"Hindi na namin 'to pahahabain pa. Isang tanong isang sagot, sinong nangopya sa inyong dalawa? Si Zoey o ikaw?"

There was a long pause of silence before I answer.

"Wala."

But Ma'am seems to know that I was lying, she was just staring at me somberly! Waiting for my answer.

"Fine!" I gasped. Well kala mo talaga...

I hesitated. "I'm sorry...." and my gaze fell on my lap as I apologized.

"Why?" Ma'am asked. She seemed concern? Parang disappointed na ewan?

"Because―" I trailed off. "Because.... you know....."

"What?"

"Trip ko lang―tinatamad kasi ako."

"We're not stupid.... You can fool somebody but not us."

"Its true! I'm telling the truth!"

"Now, Tell us why." Ma'am said in a firm voice. "Once you never admit it, you'll get your third offense and you'll get kick out of this school."

"Okay Fine... Totoo na 'to," I said reluctantly. "Its because―"

"Because..... I have no choice..... I have no choice but to copy her answer." I said in a shaky voice. "Would you mind if I tell you the story?"

"Of course.."

"My beloved dog died last night―and it hurts.... a lot. I was devastated. My mind was troubled, my dog is my best friend and I can't even believed that he..... he was now buried." and then Vuala, tumulo na 'yung luha ko. Best actress kaya ako.

"Hindi ako nakapag handa, I forgot that we will be taking a test in math today, I didn't have enough time to study everything, so I guess, seeking answers from my classmate was the only way... And I didn't hesitated to copy all of her answers." I admitted. "I'm sorry... I'm really sorry.... Until today, I can still feel the pain...."

"Ok. Sorry.... We're very sorry. Now we knew the true reason. Its enough, we believed you. We did feel sorry for your beloved dog. We understand."