IV

Jason almost jumped when he saw the god.
     'Can I help you?' Jason asked.
     'Yes.' The god said. 'I am Hephaestus, god of blacksmith.' He announced.
     I can see that, Jason thought.
     'I heard that!' Hephaestus grunted. 'Anyway, I'm in a good mood because I am offering you a one-time deal.'
     Jason didn't answer.
     'Go to Camp Half-Blood and find Dionysus.'
     'Yeah, if I knew where I was.' Jason said.
     'Long Island.'
     'No.' Jason was stunned.
     'Yup. This is just an illusion. And you need go to Dionysus. You can decline the offer, though.' Hephaestus told him.
     'I de- I accept.' Jason said, but he didn't know why. 'I accept this offer but, er, how do I get there? And why?' Jason asked.
     Hephaestus's shoulder slumped and the other rose.' You need to go on a quest, and I guess you can take the easy way to Camp Half-Blood, only because I'm in a good mood.'
     'But what is the quest?' Jason asked.
     'You'll know soon,' he said. 'After you leave.'
     On that note, Jason vaporised into thin air.

He found himself lying and groaning on the banks of Long Island Sound. He moaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes.
     A voice behind him said, 'Jason?'
     'Annabeth?'
     'What are you doing here?' She insisted. 'One day you black out and disappeared and a month later, you appear, groaning on Long Island Sound.'
     That pretty much sums that part up. 'Er, yeah. Where's Piper?'
     'Home with her dad.'
     'Oh.' Jason's shoulders slumped. 'Where's Dionysus?'
     'He's in the Archery Range. Why?' Annabeth asked.
     But Jason got up and ran like a speeding bullet. 'Thanks! Bye!'
     He ran off towards the Archery Range.