XXXIII

Jason's hiding spot was OP. He was sure no one would find him, not at least straight away.
     He hid in a cave with mould and walls were moist. Blocking the entrance was a giant boulder the size of a small house.
     The OP part of the cave was that it was shielded by the Mist. Hazel cast a spell that shielded her by the Mist because of a recent battle. Jason thought it was a good idea to use it to his tactical advantage.
     Inside the wet cave, Jason was still thinking about Yassen. It would never leave his mind. The name plucked a nerve; Jason was infuriated.
Yassen whatever-his-last-name-is sounds not only like a bad person, but he looks like one, too. Despite this, Yassen has one main goal: defeat Jason. Why? No one knows, except Yassen, of course.
Jason was plotting a counterattack plan if Yassen ever attacks him. From what Jason knew, Yassen was a powerful person, stopping at nothing to get what he wants.
Jason thought about this for a while, until he remembered that he had no weapon. He dropped his sword - just like everyone else did - because no weapons allowed. He should've picked up a sword. Stupid Jason!
Nonetheless, Jason was convinced that he didn't need a weapon because his spot was amazing.
This all changed when the boulder-door was swept aside and, standing in front of Jason was the man himself - Yassen.

'What do you want?' Jason asked annoyed and startled.
'I'm pretty sure I made that clear, Grace. I ordered your sister to be killed, I convinced Clarisse to betray you Greeks and Romans. Well, when I say convinced, it should be blackmailed, you see?' Yassen said.
'Just leave, Yassen. You don't want to feel my sword.' Jason weakly intimidated.
'What sword?' Yassen smirked.
'You...'
Yassen lifted his hand, and in between, two fingers were Jason's coin.
'This sword?'
Jason was sure Yassen could hear him breathing heavily.
'Want a battle?' Yassen asked, chucking Jason his coin. Mid-air, it turned into his sword and landed swiftly into his waiting hands.
'Ready.'
He charged, only to realise that this was a diversion. This wasn't real. It was the Mist. How could Jason have been so stupid? Yassen bent the Mist so that Jason could only see what Yassen wanted him to see, meanwhile, Yassen actually attacked from behind.
'Argh!' Jason yelped in agony. Now he was regretting his hiding spot. How would anyone find him behind all of this Mist, especially if Jason was influenced by it, and he was one of the strongest demigods here - if not, strongest.
Jason was going to die. There was nothing to do about it.
     Then, a feminine voice screeched and Jason could tell right away that it was Hazel's. Hazel scrambled into Jason's view. She was on her hands and feet, like she fell backwards, hands behind her.
     She shrieked again, this time Harod - Hazel's version of George, Yassen's partner - walked slowly towards her as if to create suspense. But Jason was dealing with a much bigger problem: Yassen.
Yassen slashed his sword in the air. 'Grace. You are weak. At least weaker than I thought.'
Weak? Jason wasn't weak. For all he knew, he was the strongest demigod here, at least!
'I'll show you weak if you want.' Jason panted. He charged, only to he thwarted and stabbed again.
His pain increased, forcing his to drop. 'Argh!' He screamed again.
'Weak. I told you.' Yassen told him.
'I'm not weak!' Jason yelled. He didn't know where the aggression came from. Probably Jupiter.
'Show me strong!' Yassen encouraged.
Jason ran at him, this time successfully landing an agonising strike.
Yassen dropped to his knees. 'What is that blade made of?' Yassen gripped his wound.
'How's weak for ya?' Jason laughed, walking up to him. Jason strengthened his grip on his sword, stabbing Yassen.
He screamed, harmonising with Hazel's outside.
Jason risked a glimpse at Hazel, which later he regretted because Yassen sweeper his hand under Jason's foot, causing his to fall over, landing on Yassen's waiting sword.
Jason blacked out.

Son of Jupiter, avenge me!
Help me!
Come, Grace!
You are worthy, so attack!
All of these voices rung in his head. The pain still coursing through him. The voices were way too hollow to be alive. He knew they must be dead.
Avenge me! One said, and Jason realised that it was Thalia Grace, his sister.
'But I did.' Jason said. 'I killed Clarisse.'
Clarisse was a minor villain. Thalia's voice echoed in his head. The bigger threat lies right in front of you.
He looked in front of him, even though he knew that that was meant metaphorically.
Worth a shot.
'Thalia,' Jason sniffed. 'I'm sorry, but I will avenge you, even if I must die.'
Jason, no! Don't! Only do what I would want you to do. Thalia spoke hollowly.
'Okay.' He said.
Around him, sand and leaves swirled around him. He was ascending slowly. The pain eased a bit but was still agonising.
Jason was going to die.

His eyes flickered open.
He woke in the cave where he passed out. No Yassen could be seen.
He got up, rubbing his head. The pain was slowly easing, but not fast enough to walk.
He rested until someone found him, clenching his chest where the sword impaled him. Luckily for him, the sword missed his heart.
'Are you alright?' Hazel asked.
'Do I look alright?' Jason said.
'Right, sorry. Anyway, we must get you to the sickbay ASAP. Can you get up?'
Jason tried but failed. His legs were too weak.
'Okay. In the count of three, try as hard as you can to push up; I should be able to carry you.'
'Okay.'
Hazel counted. '1, 2, 3!'
Jason pushed up and Hazel hauled him up, trying desperately not to drop him. After some struggle, Hazel could walk with Jason's weight hauled on her shoulders like 100 bowling balls on her shoulders.
Soon enough, they reached the sickbay. Hazel popped Jason down in one bed, collapsing shortly after.
'You okay?' Jason asked, peeping down.
'Does it look like I'm okay?'
'Okay, don't start that with me.' Jason smiled.
'I'm fine. Just you are heavy.' Hazel said getting up.
'Thanks.'
'Oh, I didn't mean it-'
Jason smiled again. 'Save it. I know what you mean. And, er, thanks for bringing me here.'
'No problem.'
'And one thing: what happened to Yassen?' Jason asked.
'You killed him.' She hesitated. 'That last blow was a tough one. That could've taken out 100 demigods easily.'
Jason nodded appreciatively. 'Thanks.'
Hazel stumbled out.
'Was that strong enough?' Jason murmured to Yassen. 'Was that strong enough for you?' And he fell into a deep sleep.