XI

He flipped his sword. Midair, the sword transformed back into a coin. Jason caught in in his palm and put it back into his jeans pocket.
'So,' He introduced. 'This is California.'
'Yup.' Jake said. 'You know, I think the captain is a demigod of some sort. He didn't seem grossed out or suspicious in why the shark kept healing.'
'Your right. Maybe he's just like Rachel.' Jason said her name bitterly. 'He can see through the Mist.' The Mist is this magical shield that divides the mortal world and the demigod world. It exists only to make the mortals see or think about what they can comprehend. In other words, mortals can not see monsters, swords and weapons. They'll think that they are animals, guns etc.
'Guys,' Clarisse interrupted. 'You may wanna see this.'
They walked over to where she was standing, awestruck.
'SPQR.' Jason read the top. 'This is a secret entrance to Camp Jupiter, the Roman camp for demigods.' Jason used to live there until Hera, the queen of the gods, took his memory and brought him to Camp Half-Blood. The same thing happened to Percy Jackson, but the other way around.
'How's it like?' Jake asked Jason.
'Great. I used to be the praetor, one of two leaders, until, you know, so the camp is very special to me. I loved it!'
'Okay, let's go and get some rest.' Clarisse said.
'I'm with you.' Jake and Jason agreed as they walked through the cave.

'Halt!' Jake yelled. 'Something's burning.' Jason turned to see where the burning smell was coming from. 'I smell it too.' He said.
'What are you punks doing? I don't smell a thing in this cave!' Clarisse shouted back at them. '
Both boys ignored her and headed towards the burning smell.
'Boys!' Clarisse yelled at them. 'Where do you think you're going?'
The boys kept walking.
Clarisse ran up to them.
'Hello? Boys?' She said. 'You guys there?'
No reply. The boys kept moving on.
'I give up,' Clarisse murmured.
Then, Jason said, 'Stop.'
'What is it?' Jake said, finally out of his trance.
'The burning smell, it smells... different.'
'What do you mean?' Clarisse yelled in frustration. 'I don't smell a thing, you punk!'
Jason backed up a little. His head started to ache, like a rock being thrown at his skull.
'That's it!' He yelled. They emerged out of the cave. 'Behold, Camp Jupiter!'