II

Jason woke with a start. He was lying on a bed that looked seven thousand years old. He heard kids screaming and running and balls bouncing. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. This isn't Camp Half-Blood, this is a whatever-this-is. He got up, smiling, and looked out the window. He saw several kids run past him and saw hundred others, all boys, throwing paper airplanes, playing with balls, running and punching other kids. His smile disintegrated. He realised where he was. He was at a boys-only boarding school.
He looked down at his clothing, and he was still wearing his Camp Half-Blood T-shirt, but he saw a uniform sitting on the side of his bed. He did not dare put it on.
He layed in bed, confused. 'Why am I here?' He murmured to himself, 'why am I here?'
Then, a gust of wind bristled his hairs on his arms. He turned towards the window, he was hoping that someone he knew was there, even Jupiter, but it was nothing. His life was destroyed.

                                      * * *

A month has passed since Jason arrived. He learnt the school was called Howwick Boys Only Boarding School.
He thought, what kind of name is that?
He was slumped on a brick wall, eating a green apple, still mourning Leo, alone. He had made no friends yet, but he knew something about this place was off. It felt... cold. A gust of wind blew through his hair. Excited, he looked towards the direction of the wind. Nothing. Again. He felt like his father was playing a prank on him.
Then, a kid walked up to him. She held a soccer ball under her left arm. She had dirt across her face and orange streaks in her blonde hair. Her hair tied back into a ponytail.
'The name's Carli, with an i.'
Jason looked stunned. 'Er, hi. I'm Jason, with a J. I thought this was a boys-only school.'
She smiled. 'I'm an exception. I'm the principles daughter. You look familiar. Have we met?' Carli asked.
'I don't think so.'
'Meh.' She shrugged. 'Wanna play soccer?'
'Sure.'
'Lemme guess, you cannot play?'
'Yup,' Jason admitted. 'But I'm a quick learner.'
She laughed, 'Let's see.'