VI

That night at the campfire, Jason kept eying Rachel. He didn't know why, but he thought that if Dionysus wanted her here, that is bad news. Dionysus is the camp director and also the god of wine.
     'Greetings, campers.' Dionysus said, not sounding too enthusiastic. 'There are a few things that need to be said. One, we all know the shocking death of Leo Valdez is tearing apart the rest of the seven. The third and seventh wheel he was. He was brave enough to commit something like suicide in that informal manner. We offer-' He was cut off by Selina Beauregard, the head councillor for the Aphrodite cabin.
     'Mr. D.' She called. 'Can you hurry this along! My hair is frizzing up from the smoke!'
     'Yes, yes, Selina. I don't want to be here too, you know.' Dionysus said. 'Anyway, as I was saying, we offer Piper McLean and Jason Grace to do the final tributes to the fallen.'
     Piper?, Jason thought.
     Then a girl, fifteen, sixteen, walked up to Jason and ruffled through his hair. 'You ready?'
     'What?' How?' Jason stammered.
     'Come on, Blonde Superman.' She mocked.
     'Blonde Superman?' Jason asked as he got up and walked towards Piper. She looked like she was about to cry now.
     Together, they walked up to the middle of the campfire.
     'You ready?'Jason asked.
     She sniffed. 'Yeah.' She barely said a few words before breaking down. From here, Jason took over.

'That was a great speech.' Mr.D said as Piper and Jason sat with their cabin mates (but Jason didn't have any). 'Now, I welcome Richelle Eliza Dare!'
     Rachel stood up frantically. 'Rachel Elizabeth Dare, actually, Dionysus.'
     Mr.D waved his hand, 'whatever, Ramer.'
She ignored him. 'What am I doing here?' She asked him.
     'You, my dear, are going to state Jason's prophecy.'