XXIV

Uranus swatted Jason away like a fly. His hand were full of veins, but he was still strong.
     He bellowed in a raspy, but strong voice. 'I am Ouranos, king of the Kosmos. And I am here to destroy you, Jason Grace!' He smacked Jason on the head and he went tumbling down to Earth.
     Percy and Annabeth ran to him.
     'Jason, you alright?' Percy asked.
     'Uh, yeah,' He moaned. He got to his feet and wobbled a little, but managed to stay upright.
     'Are you sure?' Annabeth asked.
     Jason nodded, which was a mistake. His head started spinning. He held his head.
     Annabeth mumbled, probably saying that Jason was not fine. She held Percy's hand and immediately, Jason thought of Piper. She was at home with her dad not knowing about the war happening.
     Jason must've looked depressed because Percy asked, 'You seem...upset.'
     'Nah, I'm fine. I better help Jupiter. He flew off before Percy or Annabeth could say another word. Jason was sure that his head would fall off.
     He summoned his sword again and struck Uranus. His sword bounced off of him like his skin was a layer of rubber. He stuck again, but Uranus's skin deflected Jason's sword.
     Jason cursed in Latin. He was getting frustrated, and he could see Jupiter getting the same. They both grew red in the forehead and on the tip of their ears.
     Unexpectedly, Jupiter dropped down. Jason was unsure why but he kept on fighting, which was not affecting Uranus. Jason's father seemed perfectly fine, making Jason wonder why he descended.
     Then, a glowing light encased him. Jason didn't notice the light until he saw his father slowly fading into nothing. He wanted to scream, but Uranus thwarted him. He whacked Jason so hard that he demolished a tree on impact. He was convinced that he was dying until the shimmering light around him glowed brighter. He started to elevate, and he realised that the glowing light came from his father. He was transferring some of his power to Jason, to help him defeat Uranus with Leo/Hephaestus. Jason thought that this was unfair, but he knew it was for the better. Jason was also sure that Jupiter doesn't make this much of a risk. Yes, he defeated Typhon with the help the of a minor god, but still, this was unlike him.
'My son,' Jupiter said in a weak voice. Jason turned to face him. 'Fight this battle for me, Jason.'
'But-' Jason's voice faulted.
'Don't worry, I won't die. I'll just be weaker, which won't affect me that much.'
'Still, father.' He said. 'You still-'
'Look out!' Jupiter yelled. He thrust his hand towards his son. A barrier appeared around him. Jupiter's eyes rolled in his head and he vanished. Jason was too mad to realise that Uranus was three metres away. He shielded his eyes and Uranus bashed into the barrier. Surprisingly, it held up and Uranus went flying to the Athena Parthenos, almost cracking it.
The barrier around Jason was weakening, but Jason willed it to disappear.
From the forest, Jake called. 'Jason! Why didn't the Golden Fleece prevent Uranus entering?'
Jason looked confused, but then came to a Conclusion. 'Uranus must be too strong.'
'Probably, but I thought then Fleece could restrain everything.'
Jason shook his head in disbelief. 'I guess not.'
Jake glances at Uranus. 'He's coming back.'
'Veni!' Jason said in Latin. 'Let's go.'

'You know,' Jake announced. 'I haven't seen Clarisse lately.'
'You're right. Where is she?' Jason realised.
'She's probably fighting leather boys.' Jake answered.
Jason groaned. 'Is that name seriously catching on?'
Jake nodded.
Jason bowed his head in frustration.
Uranus shouted from the cabins, which was a couple of hundred metres from Jason, 'Jason Grace, I shall kill you now!'
'Not likely!' Jason charged. 'Eat gold, fart god!'
'That's my role.' Leo/Hephaestus muttered. 'Not fair, Blonde Superman.'
Jason and Uranus shouted their war cries and clashed. Jason went flying one way and Uranus went flying the other way. Jason skidded back to the forest, but his enemy stopped halfway. Arrows firing at him, but they bounced off like Jason's sword did.
'Ha!' He yelled triumphantly. 'I'm untouchable!'
That gave Jason a brilliant idea. 'Jake! Grab Clarise. Let Leo distract Uranus. I got-'
His voice stopped when he saw a giant snake materialize in front of him.
Jake whimpered. 'That's the same snake from Camp Jupiter.'
'I told you, Jason Grace!' The serpent bellowed in the same female voice.
Jason knew thqt voice, but he couldnt't match the voice to the face. He mentally guessee, butnhe knew all of his answers were incorrect. He gave up.
'Don't yoy recognise me, Jason?' It asked. 'I am your fellow quester.'
'Clarisse?' Jason was shocked. Clarisse was such a great girl (well, was a great girl. Plus she never was great). Clarisse had helped with the quest, but this does fit together like puzzle pieces. Thia explains why she was acting suspicious and why she left Jake and Jason to battle the serpent - or her. Whatever.
     Jason couldn't think about this now. He's face-to-face with Clarisse-Serpent lady. He raised his sword, preparing to strike, but the serpent thwarted him.
     'Clarisse. Why...' His voice faulted. Jason realised a line of the prophecy meant: The queen is Gaia, and she covered for Clarisse. Clarisse betrayed everyone.
West must the queen's defeat/mask the scent of betrayal.
     Even Uranus had stopped fighting and shuddered like he knew nothing of this plan.
     'Traitor!' Jason yelled. 'You betrayed everything, everyone. You're gong down.'
     She hissed as if this was amusing. 'Nice thought, but I've already won.'
     From the shadows, a familiar giant emerged. Blonde hair blended surprisingly well with the shadows. His nose perfectly symmetrical and his bottom lip curled upwards beautifully. Despite his appearance, Jason knew - by experience - that the giant has a cold, wicked heart. Jason stared right into his mechanical eye.
     Jason said his name bitterly. 'Orion.'
     The giant nodded. 'Yes. I am Orion. I was resurrected from exile by my master, Clarisse La Rue.'