28 🍼

The young boy watched as Namjoon took the caramel candy away from him before he could even taste it, and placed it inside of his cup holder.

Of course, this was very surprising to Jin, so he began to question his father. "Appa Joonie, why did you take my candy away?"

He turned his head over at the adult as everything got darker in the carwash. Soon, lights started to shine down on the car, as it was completely submerged in foamy soap. The sounds were alarming to Jin, but the young boy was distracted by his father to pay close attention to his surroundings.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but you shouldn't trust anything that strangers give you. Right now, the caramel that man gave you, could have been a drug, or poisonous. He could have easily put you to sleep with it and kidnapped you. Don't trust anything anyone gives you, okay? Always come to me, or Mommy whenever someone hands you anything to eat."

Jin nodded his head and giggled as Namjoon quickly ruffled up his hair while relaxing in his seat as the car started to get washed.

Since the boy had gotten so distracted by the speech his father had been giving him over not trusting just anyone, he didn't realize how intimidating the carwash truly was.

It was dark, the colorful foam streaming from the car was now red, appearing scary to the boy. And the deeper the car would move, the scarier the ride became to him.

"Appa... D... Drive faster. It's dark in here." His words brought a smile to Namjoon's face.

"Haha, Jinnie this type of carwash is automatic, meaning that we have to wait until it's finished to drive away." Having known that they were now forced to stay in such a dark, spooky carwash, the boy started to panic.

He leaned back, avoiding the windows at all cost; he thought that if he got too close, the windows would shatter and he would get soaked in the foam.

However, the foam didn't appear to soap in Jin's eyes. To him, the soap was something else. His vision blurred as memories threatened to reenter his head. Memories that the boy had pushed so far back, he was sure they were gone.

Soon, he started talking subconsciously, saying the word "No" repeatedly. A knot formed in the back of his throat, giving him a hard time to breathe. Namjoon didn't think much about the boy's behaviour, since Jin was disguising his panic. However, he did notice that his son was no longer speaking to him.

He wasn't speaking, blinking, or moving a single muscle.

And even though the young boy attempted to block that dreadful memory, his mind was far too vulnerable and it eventually gave in, forcing him to remember everything that he went through.

~flashback~

Jin was in his room, playing with the adorable toddlers that always went to him for either comfort, or to play with him. Although he too was little and only seven years old, he often told the toddlers stories, and acted like a parent to them, until they would eventually get adopted by someone at the Orphanage.

Baby Jinnie wished he could be adopted like all of the other toddlers and older kids around him, but sadly, that wasn't his case. No parent has ever tried to adopt him. But today, that was going to change.

One of the young workers at the Orphanage entered his room, and softly caressed his head, giving him a smile as she crouched down to his level.

"Jinnie, guess what? A sweet, middle-aged couple was talking about you earlier, and... They want to adopt you!" Jin's eyes widened with joy, as he started to jump, excitedly.

"Jinnie... Jinnie is going to have a mommy and daddy now?" He asked, hoping he was right as his little heart began to race with excitement. When the young woman escorted him out of the room, he was met with two, oddly familiar looking faces, but he couldn't recognize the middle-aged couple right away, so he remained unaware of who they were.

The couple had grey hair, and wrinkled skin, but bright and sincere looking smiles on their faces as they slowly approached Jin, appearing just as excited as he was.

"Hi, Jinnie! You're so adorable!" The couple was warm-hearted, and very welcoming to Jin. His illusions of finally being adopted were becoming a reality, and he couldn't believe it at first.

But as the sweet couple spoke to him, and even called him "son", he felt accepted. He didn't feel left out like the other kids who had been previously adopted in the Orphanage.

He was more than ready to begin his new life with his new adoptive parents, who still looked familiar to him. There was just something about the middle-aged man's eyes that reminded him of someone who he has met before.

Someone who he despises, and doesn't trust.

"Why does he look like... Dad... Their eyes are the same." He noticed a very peculiar looking stare in the elder man's gaze that caught his eye, but baby Jinnie didn't think much of it. He was too distracted, feeling happy, and relieved.

No more cold nights sleeping in a small bed. He was probably going to sleep in a warm, cozy home, where he could grow up in and be filled with love from his new parents.

~~~

Unfortunately, that wasn't the poor, little boy's case. The moment they stepped foot in their house, Jin recognized it immediately.

"M- Mommy, Daddy... Where are we?" The middle-aged woman pat Jin's sensitive shoulder, and squeezed it ever so slightly. To him, the squeeze was reassuring, so he didn't think much about her behavior.

He thought that his new mommy was being caring, so as a response to her squeezing him, the boy wrapped his arms around her hugging the old woman, who appeared to be kind to him, deep down in his heart.

Because Jinnie didn't want to see her through his eyes. Because his eyes were telling him one thing, but his heart was telling him another. While his eyes told him to not step foot in their home, his heart was begging him to enter.

And as his adoptive father unlocked the door, Jin stared at him with hooded, Bamby dull eyes, which were glossy and full of life... Until he saw a tall, scary looking man, as the first person he was greeted by when he entered the house.

The way he was greeted... Was not in a polite manner at all.

But by being brutally slapped across the face so roughly, that he was knocked out unconscious.

And it was only then, that Jin knew why the middle-aged man reminded him of his father so much.

"G...grandpa... N...n...not you too..." He was Kim Junho's father.

。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。