14 🍼

That day, a dream finally turned into reality for both Namjoon and Minji, as well as Jin, who was shyly walking next to them, still unsure if he was dreaming or if this truly was reality.

Having waited so many years for this moment, all that he could do was remain silent in complete shock, for a few minutes. A few minutes after the boy's mind channeled back to reality, he started to breathe heavily until he ended up screaming out of nowhere.

"I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!" He shouted, alarming Minji and Namjoon who simply giggled, feeling nothing but happiness in that moment.

"We love you too, sweetheart! Mommy and Daddy will take care of you from now on, Jinnie." Minji spoke, holding Jin's hand while the young boy smiled. She decided to baby him the most she could, trying to make up for not getting the chance to adopt Soo A, or have a baby of her own.

Minji knew that Seokjin was seventeen-years-old, but she refused to treat him the way any mother would to her teenage son or daughter. No, she found a much better way to bond with her new child.

She made believe, for a moment, that Jin wasn't a teenager at all. She wanted to make herself think that the boy wasn't a teenager, but a toddler. Perhaps it wasn't the right thing to do, but she wanted to take a gamble at it and pretend that Seokjin was a toddler.

"M- Mommy Minji?" Jin's soft voice made the woman's heart melt. The way he referred to her had now become her favorite thing.

"Yes, baby Jinnie?" She replied in a soft, sweet tone as she noticed Jin's head pop up from behind her seat.

"Why are you crying? Is Mommy sad?" He frowned, worried about his mom. Namjoon turned his head to face her and found out that Jin wasn't lying: The woman was indeed, crying.

"I'm not sad, Jinnie." She sniffled, wiping her tears away before continuing to speak.

"No, she's not. Mommy is happy because you're here with us." Namjoon finished Minji's sentence, earning a bright smile from her while she gave his hand a soft squeeze, and left a quick kiss on his cheek.

"That's right! Mommy is happy. Very happy." She giggled, feeling bubbly. The silence within the car was almost deafening to the couple and the young boy, so Namjoon took it upon himself to work on the radio until they were all satisfied with a tune that was playing.

Jin wasn't really singing, or even moving his head to dance. So, Namjoon turned the volume up, yet the boy stayed the same. Only he and his wife were the ones having somewhat a fun time, singing along to the song.

So, he decided to encourage Jin to sing.

"Sing, Jinnie!" Even Minji had joined in, and was trying to convince the young boy to sing along with them. But the boy wouldn't budge, so they decided to let him be.

The song was very catchy and upbeat, so Namjoon couldn't figure out why Jin was being so quiet. His silence was beginning to worry him, and he ended up changing the song, in hopes of finding one that the boy liked.

"Do you know this song, Jin?" He looked back at the boy, who simply shook his head. Song after song, Namjoon ended up in the same radio station as before, and Jin wasn't fond of a single tune.

"Honey, we're running out of milk and bread at the house, let's stop by here to buy some."

The man turned the radio off, parking his car next to a small supermarket. Minji stepped out and shut the door behind her, bundling up as it was starting to get a little bit breezy outside, now that the sun had set.

This gave Namjoon an opportunity to get to speak to Seokjin, asking him the reason why he was being so quiet. At first, he had asked him if he didn't like any of the songs that they were playing on the radio, but the boy didn't seem to be affected by the songs.

"I didn't dislike them at all." He responded, softly. Namjoon turned his head around to face the boy this time.

"Why weren't you singing or dancing to them, then?" His voice made Jin press his back against the seat. Namjoon realized he had spoken a little bit too loud and apologized to the young boy for making him feel intimidated.

Jin gently pushed himself upwards again, facing Namjoon with an innocent gaze that almost appeared saddened to the man.

"I wasn't allowed to listen to music back then." And with that, Namjoon sighed at the boy, feeling relieved.

"Ohh, at the Orphanage? It's okay, Jinnie. You're free to do anything you want now. You can sing, dance, listen to music. Be as LOUD as you want to be. You don't have to be quiet any longer." With what he had just said, Namjoon thought he had made some progress with the boy. But he made matters worse.

Now, Jin had rested his head against the window, and was even more silent than before.

"Is something wrong, son?" He turned his head over to stare at the boy.

"Back at home." He said. "What?" Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, watching as raindrops started to stain his windows. Jin parted his lips and started talking again, feeling less shy than before.

"They wouldn't allow me to hear music, when I was with them."

"Who is "Them", Jinnie?" The platinum blonde haired man responded. Jin hesitated at first, but later on he proceeded to speak to Namjoon.

"My mom and dad. They wouldn't let me listen to music or sing." The young boy shut his eyes, and left them closed for a while. He fought back in crying, the most he could. It was his first time in more than seven years that he's gotten adopted by a wholehearted, and sweet family; He should be happy instead of feeling sad, so to stop himself from crying, he covered up most of his face with his hoodie to pretend he had fallen asleep instead.

The loud ruckus of a car door opening and slamming shut made him jump, but he kept his eyes closed, and remained stone cold on the outside, not allowing a single tear to slide down his cheek.

Not long after one car door had opened, another had flung open as well. This time, Jin poked his head out of his hoodie, ever so slightly, wondering who had gotten inside of the car and sat beside him.

Right when he opened his eyes, Namjoon was sat right beside him, offering him his shoulder to cry on. The young boy crumbled up within the adult's welcoming arms, and began to release his painful memories of the past in the form of tears, while feeling safer each time, as Namjoon cradled him in his arms.

"It's okay, Jinnie. Let it out, my son." The word "son" coming out of Namjoon's mouth reminded Jin, again and again, that he was now his legal guardian and a father that he can count on for anything.

He now felt much more vulnerable yet safe in his presence, meaning that he was slowly starting to trust Namjoon.

And in that moment, all that the poor, broken boy could do, was look up to him, and smile with tears in his eyes.

"You know that you can trust me and tell me anything, right?" Namjoon asked. Sooner or later Jin started to nod at the man.

"Yes, I do." Knowing that his son now trusted him, made a smile appear on Namjoon's face.

"I love you, Jinnie." An adrenaline rush shot straight through Jin's heart, exciting him to hear the word "Love". After spending so many lonely days and nights surrounded by kids who would get adopted, daily. Jin had grown up lonely and distant from the others.

But now, the young boy was learning about what it meant to be cared for, and to have the love of a father that he had been missing his entire childhood.

All that he could do, in that moment, was lean his head against the crook of Namjoon's neck, and listen to his heartbeat.

"I love you too, dad."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥