12 🍼

Though the news was devastating to Namjoon, he wasn't planning on leaving Seokjin behind for a third time. 1. Because it would break the poor boy's heart. And 2. By leaving him, he runs the risk of someone else adopting him and taking him far away to God knows where.

The neighborhood the Orphanage Seokjin lived in didn't look so promising to Namjoon. He wasn't too fond of the people around, but judging by the the scattered pieces of broken liquor bottles, inappropriate graffiti writings all over the brick walls on each corner store, and the beggars that were sometimes pushy and drugged, Namjoon knew that there wasn't truly anyone good around here.

"Which is why we need to adopt Seokjin today, Minji." Namjoon's wife looked at him, after he had explained the reason as to why he wanted to adopt Seokjin. But she wasn't abroad with the idea just yet, and disagreed on it.

"I'm sorry, Namjoon... But, you know how much I wanted to take Soo A home with us. She loves us, honey. She really needs a mother figure in her life right now. I heard that her mother died while giving birth to her. Isn't that sad?" Namjoon grew saddened by finding out about Soo A's story. But it still wasn't enough to fully convince him into leaving the young boy behind so easily.

He had his heart stuck on him, and he couldn't simply let that feeling subside. He would have adopted both Seokjin and Soo A, but due to the limited space in their home, they couldn't afford to bring home two children. Just one.

And Namjoon wanted that one child to be Seokjin.

"Do you know what I found out about Seokjin? That ever since he was just three, his father started to abuse him." The woman lips started to quiver until they formed a sad frown, as Namjoon kept on telling her the story of Jin's past, ever so quietly so that he wouldn't run the risk of getting caught by the young boy.

After having told Minji the entire story in their car, the couple relaxed, and carefully thought about things. They thought about who they were going to adopt, and how they were going to let one child down, when picking the other.

It wasn't going to be a walk in the park for them, but they were willing to do it, hoping to have made the right decision for the child they were going to call their very own.

"Are you ready to go back in the orphanage now?" Minji asked, holding Namjoon's hand. Namjoon looked down at his lap, nodding at the girl before exiting the vehicle.

His heart ached, and as did Minji's, but happiness still lingered from within them, as they both knew that they had made the right choice on who to adopt and take home with them.

Soon, excitement replaced their sorrow, the moment they stepped in the orphanage and spotted a few children with big bright smiles, and some with tears in their eyes, crying over having trouble sharing their toys with the other big kids.

"Welcome back. For a second there, I thought you two had left." A woman that Namjoon and Minji had seen before, greeted them all over again and asked them who they were going to adopt.

Soo A and Jin weren't around the waiting area, they were in the dollhouse, bonding with each other and playing with different kids, who they had thought of as brother and sister.

Everything seemed very quiet in the waiting room, and the silence gave Minji and Namjoon more time to think. And the more they thought about who they wanted to adopt, the longer it took them to make a decision on whether or not the two were going to adopt Soo A or Jin.

They sat down on the chairs once more, and Namjoon felt his heart drop to his stomach when Minji started talking about which child they were going to officially adopt.

He prepared himself mentally, to say farewell to one of the children. And knowing which child his wife had fallen for the most, his heart slowly broke, just thinking how he was going to break the news to Jin.

Jin's voice suddenly popped up into the older man's head, making it harder for him to concentrate, as his eyes started to water.

"Can I stay with you this time?"

"Nana, I want Namjoon to be my daddy." He breathed out, shaking the thoughts out of his head. All except for one that was now tormenting him.

And that thought was, "Can he ever forgive me for breaking his hopes and dreams?" Namjoon would never forgive himself if something happened to Seokjin after he left him.

His palms began to sweat as he watched the two women in front of him exchange a short conversation.

"Oh, so you have made up your mind?" They nodded, both getting nervous by the second.

"Yes, that's right."

Minji crossed her legs while focusing on the papers they had given her to sign. A smile appeared on Namjoon's face, seeing how excited his wife looked.

"As long as she's happy... Even if it means I won't become Seokjin's father. I'll try to be the best father to Soo A." He signed the papers that now stated they had become legal parents
to a very special butterfly.

Since the papers only read "Special butterfly", Namjoon was sure it had been Soo A, so he stood up with Minji and held her hand, while she hugged him, thanking the man.

"Congratulations to you both, you have become Seokjin's official parents."

"I'm sorry, WHAT?"

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥