32 🍼

Namjoon carried the boy in his arms as he lay limp, unable to comprehend why his legs had given out on him from underneath, causing him to fall, yet he stayed in Namjoon's arms, insisting that he was still okay.

"I can walk, Appa Joonie. I can! I just need to stretch my legs out, see?" He slid himself away from Namjoon's grip and started to walk, hiding the limp he had the best he could.

But the boy soon came to realize that he wouldn't be able to participate in any of the difficult activities within the large playground, and that made him feel a little bit sad.

"Why don't you try? Maybe you could go down that slide." Namjoon took the boy's hand and slowly guided him towards the slide. Jin hoped that he could go on the bright and colorful, friendly looking slide. And as he used his right foot to climb up the steps, his left foot started to hurt him severely, so he couldn't get up the tiny stairs to reach the slide.

That made him feel discouraged, but he then noticed a swing set was nearby, and tried walking towards it.

"Wanna get on this one?" Jin nodded, then felt his ears and cheeks reddened when the adult stood behind him and pushed the swing.

The sensation of swinging high in the air made Jin feel giddy and energetic. He felt as if he were flying, as he arched his lower back, feeling the wind caress his face.

"Higher!! YEAH! YEEEEAAAH!!!" Namjoon started to laugh at the way Jin was screaming. He loved to see how happy the boy was. And pretty soon, he had even forgotten about the way he had been limping earlier.

"Kick your legs upwards like this!" Namjoon sat on a swing next to Jin and slowly elevated himself on the swing until he was able to reach Jin.

The young boy then got off of the swing and dared Namjoon to climb on top of a tall, colorful pole, so that he could take a photo of him.

Namjoon, being the daring person that he was, accepting his son's challenge and giggled while handing Seokjin his cellphone, running off to climb up the pole. The pole was intimidating, as it was very tall. But he did it for Jin.

"Ready?" He shouted from below. Jin unknowingly opened the front of the camera and took an accidental photo of himself, surprising his own self with it.

His eye slightly squinted as he quickly reopened the camera and forgot all about the photo he had just taken when Namjoon started to rush him out of the fear of falling to his doom on the sandbox beneath him

"Jin, hurry!! I'm slipping away from here!" His silly shouting was making other kids and even parents around him laugh. Jin himself had started to giggle while he snapped the quick shot of his kind father.

"Smile, Appa Joonie!!" He took the photo right on time before Namjoon landed square on his butt, wiping the sand off of his bottom. After that, Jin couldn't stop laughing, all the while, admiring the way Namjoon had come out in the picture.

 After that, Jin couldn't stop laughing, all the while, admiring the way Namjoon had come out in the picture

"Don't show this to mommy. She'll start laughing at daddy's clumsiness." Namjoon ruffled Jin's hair, playing around with him as the boy continued to laugh.

"I want to go on the swing one last time, Appa Joonie. Can we? Can we?" The boy asked, smiling. His angelic, soft smile was no use for Namjoon's soft heart. He gave up instantly and even got back on the swing with the child.

All that he wanted to do was help him forget about those mean boys that had bullied him earlier. He couldn't get the words they had told him out of his head. Namjoon couldn't help but regret not defending his son earlier.

He was new to parenting, and in that moment, he didn't understand what to do, but if anyone ever bullied Jin again, he bowed to not just be a bystander, but a bulldog.

He won't hesitate in barking at any predator that would approach his pup. Jin was almost like a shy, newborn puppy to him: Fragile, soft, vulnerable. And Namjoon wouldn't want him to get hurt by anyone.

"I'll protect you from now on, I promise, Baby Jinnie." As he was busy talking to himself, he
didn't realize that Jin almost injured a child when swinging too high.

"S-sorry!" Jin apologized for nearly kicking a toddler that was running around the playground.

"Okay, Jinnie, I think we should slow down now." Namjoon held onto the swing and got down from it, as Jin continued to softly swing himself back and forth, lower than he was before, and with less velocity, to ensure the rest of the children's safety.

"He sure does care a lot about the younger children. He's going to be such a great father or big brother in the future." Namjoon smiled, sweetly as his puffy eyes hid while watching his son happily swinging on the swing one last time before his stomach started to growl.

"Oh, looks like somebody's getting hungry. Want to go eat something?" Namjoon asked, poking the young boy's tummy, softly. Jin sure does love to eat, but the thought of eating at the moment was postponed in his mind, as his body wasn't focused on food.

He was focused on the way his leg kept on hurting him, far worse than before.

"Jinnie, what's wrong? You look pale." The shy boy was still skeptical about trusting Namjoon, since he was afraid of getting harmed by him. Even if he considered Namjoon to be very sweet and caring, the terrible experience he had with his abusive father, had left him with the fear of trusting any other male figure ever again.

Especially a father figure. Jin did love his new family, but his trauma of getting abused by any of them was still lingering on his mind, and he couldn't shake that thought out of his head.

But because of doing so, he forced himself to act okay, and was now risking his body.

Namjoon didn't suspect anything at first, but Jin was starting to groan within each baby step he would take back to the car.

To make matters worse, it has started to rain and they had to make a run for it to reach the car. Namjoon had made it back to his car first, but Jin couldn't bare the amount of pain he had on his throbbing feet, specifically on his left leg.

"Jinnie, let's go! It's thundering!" Jin saw his father was just a few inches away from him, so he pushed himself further and ran towards his car.

~~~

"Whew!! We made it just in time! Haha! It's pouring with rain out here. Look at that!" Namjoon ignited the engine of his car and warmed it up a little before driving away.

Within the amount of time he waited for his car to warm up, he noticed that Jin had pushed his seat all the way back, and was now lying down on his side, with his feet slightly elevated.

"Are you sleepy, sweetie?" Jin nodded, shutting his eyes as Namjoon caressed his head softly.

Soon, as Namjoon took off and the rain increased, it was hard for him to hear anything from within the car, as the large droplets of rain distracted him.

Which is why he never found out that Jin had been crying the entire time, instead of sleeping.

。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。