33 🍼

"Honey! Where are you two right now? I heard that there was a severe thunderstorm headed towards us right now." Minji and Namjoon were currently talking over the phone.

She was at home, cooking and cleaning around. But worried about Namjoon and Jin's safety as they were stuck on the road in the middle of a severe thunderstorm. She feared a tree falling on them in the middle of the road, or something worse.

But luckily, Namjoon reassured her that they were safe and that they would arrive home in no time.

"Alright, just keep yourselves safe. What is my little one up to right now, huh?" She asked,
while stirring the food she was cooking.

"Sleeping like an angel.

He hasn't woken up even with the loud ruckus that this thunderstorm has been causing. Can you believe that?" He said, looking over at Jin who still had his eyes shut.

Namjoon saw nothing but a soft, sleepy child at first sight, and thought that Jin was completely worn out from the activities they had been doing all day at the park.

"We didn't do a lot of activities. We have to come back one day with you and Soo A! Then we could all have a fun time." Minji hummed in response.

"Absolutely! Awww, my three babies all running around the playground! How cute!!"

"Excuse you? Three babies? I am a full grown man, my love." Namjoon joked, earning a laugh from Minji. His wife knew just how childish he was. That's one of the things she loves about him the most.

"As if you wouldn't climb a mountain if one of your kids told you to do so." She teased. And she was right.

"Ha! Today Jinnie 'dared' me to climb up this pole and took a photo of me." His wife's initial reaction was to laugh.

"SERIOUSLY?! OH MY GOD, YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME THAT PHOTO WHEN YOU TWO GET BACK HOME."

"It's so embarrassing! But hey... In the end, it cheered him up, so I was satisfied afterwards." The other line of the phone went silent for a moment before Minji spoke to Namjoon again.

"Wait... Jinnie was upset? How come?" Namjoon soon began to explain everything to her, and at first, she freaked out when she found out that Jin had fallen, then she was angered with the way those teenagers had bullied him, and now she was anxious for them to get back home so that she could check up on Jin.

"He didn't break anything, did he!? Is he okay?!" Namjoon guided his hand down to Jin's head and softly caressed him.

"He's okay, babe. But if he ever gets worse, then we'll take him to the hospital so that they could take an X-ray of him. I'm a little bit concerned about this little limp he had earlier."

This made Minji and Namjoon feel saddened.

"Poor baby, he's been through so much." She responded.

"I know..." Namjoon sighed, running his hand across Jin's soft face. He took his hand away when it started to rain even harder.

"Babe, I'll call you when we get back home. The storm is getting pretty nasty now." Minji told him to stay safe and to monitor Jin's status until they returned home, to see if he felt any pain.

Namjoon made sure to keep an eye out for any signs of discomfort in Jin's face. But the boy never seemed in pain to him.

However, as the ride grew bumpy, Jin's legs, which were dangling from the seat, had been smashing against the car door the entire time, until the bumpy ride ceased.

Throughout that short amount of time, his pain had worsened. He couldn't silence his complaints anymore, and softly let out a groan.

"Are you awake now, Jinnie?" Namjoon asked, speeding up, now that the traffic had moved. But the faster he drove, the more pain Jin would feel now that his body was feeling the coldness of the rain from the outside.

The weather was so cold, that even the warmth within the car wasn't enough to keep the coldness away. Jin tried focusing on something other than the pain he felt, but it was difficult for him to do so, because now he felt it much stronger than before.

The adrenaline he had when running around the park had worn out, and the pain was worsening.

"Appa Joonie..." He was about to speak, but the road Namjoon took was bumpy again and he ended up clenching his jaw as tears threatened to stream down his cheeks.

But he was a strong boy, and held on the most he could, masking the pain he was feeling.

"We're almost home. It's raining heavily now, but I brought my umbrella just in case this would happen. I have it in the backseat of the car." When noticing how heavily it had started to rain, Jin volunteered to grab the umbrella so that they could use it as soon as they would get down from the car.

Namjoon agreed and allowed him to retreat the item. When Jin's body curved all the way back to reach the umbrella, he heard a loud pop within his left leg and couldn't keep silent any longer.

He let out a pained cry that alarmed Namjoon, immediately.

"What happened! Did you hurt yourself?" He stopped at a red light and was able to pay attention to Jin as a long row of traffic slowly moved forward in front of them.

Jin was frozen, unable to comprehend what was happening to his body. But he did know that his leg was severely injured by now, and that scared him.

"I- It hurts... My leg hurts a lot, Appa Joonie." He frowned, placing his hand on top of his jeans. Namjoon feared the boy might have broken a bone, so as soon as the traffic started to clear up, he turned around, taking a different highway where barely any cars were.

"It's going to be okay, Jinnie. Hold onto me, don't be scared, sweetheart." Jin wrapped his arms underneath Namjoon's, and grabbed him the entire time out of fear.

All that he hoped for now was that his leg wasn't fractured.

。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。