50 🍼

~ A few days later ~

Jin's foot had healed up already, and he was almost back to normal. He wasn't limping as much and he didn't have any pain when walking, so, his parents thought it was time he went to school.

They sent him off on his first day with Soo A. He and his sister might not be in the same school, but their schools were very close together, so they dropped Jinnie off at his with Soo A, and they agreed on letting him taking her to her school.

He had insisted on wanting to walk with her anyways, so Namjoon and Minji allowed their son to do as he pleased. He arrived a few minutes later to his own school, and smiled, gently feeling nervous and very shy.

While walking around, he felt very lost but was too intimidated to ask for directions, so he kept on searching for the classroom.

"Hi, there! Excuse me, but... Are you lost?" A boy around his age asked him. Jin nodded, holding onto the straps of his heavy backpack. His shoulders were aching, but he didn't want to remove his bag, so he carried the weight on his back and sighed, staring at the boy.

"I am lost. It's my first day here." Jin admitted, looking up at the teen who seemed to understand his current situation.

"Come on, I'll show you around here. You must be Jin, right?" The boy was surprised.

How did this teenager know his name?

"I heard about you from my parents! I'm Kim Daniel! Nice to meet you." Jin and Daniel got to know each other, and Jin learned that the teen- who was just a year older than him- was his cousin! His mother was Minji's sister.

"Mommy Minji never told me she had a sister. I still don't know a lot about her yet... Or about my dad." Daniel nodded at Jin. Since Minji had told her sister a lot about her son, the woman had told Daniel about Jin, and the way he had been living before.

For starters, he knew that Jin wasn't Namjoon and Minji's biological son, and that he was adopted. He also knew that Jin had gone through child abuse in his past, but he didn't know how much abuse he had endured.

Still, he didn't treat the child any different. He treated him with respect, kindness, and didn't bring up any sensitive topics that would make Jin feel uncomfortable. He wanted to be good friends with him.

"Wait- So you and I are cousins? Haha!! That's amazing!" Jin politely laughed, as his cousin nodded, taking him to his classroom, since they were both going to the same one together.

"Right? Hey... And just between you and me, can I let you know something?" Jin nodded, while walking into the classroom with the older boy, taking a seat next to him. The seats they had chosen were far from the chalkboard in front of them, but they had their space and got to talk more about themselves.

"I was adopted too... My parents adopted me in America and brought me here to live with them." The younger boy was surprised, and excited at the same time. He wanted to know so much about Daniel.

"Really?! Wow!! That's amazing." He smiled, sweetly. "I like your smile." Daniel smiled back at the boy. Jin continued talking to him, unable to stop the conversation they had started.

"T-Thank you. I'm actually a little bit self-concious about it." The young boy admitted, placing his books down on his desk, staring down at it while reading rude words that had been written on it.

"Daniel... What does this mean?" The words were so rude, Daniel explained them to Jin, and the boy was shocked by them. He wondered why someone would scribble such mean words onto a clean, innocent desk.

"Good morning, everybody, sorry I'm late. I was caught up in traffic." Their teacher spoke, entering the classroom. Everybody greeted him. Jin's eyes widened, staring at the man.