39 🍼

Namjoon was sitting on the couch, watching the TV, when Minji sat next to him. He extended his arm over her shoulder, as she readjusted her legs to fit in the couch, lying down beside him.

"Is he still sleeping?" His wife nodded, staring up at her loving husband who noticed the worry she had in her facial expressions. "Our poor Jinnie was having another nightmare, Joon. I feel so bad for him whenever he has them. I don't know what he was dreaming, but I think he misses someone named Nanami... My heart aches seeing him like that."

She frowned, staring at Namjoon as he placed his TV remote aside for a second, turning over to face her.

"Nanami was the sweet old lady that raised Jin when he was baby. He probably misses her." He responded, combing through Minji's silky smooth hair. His wife suddenly came up with a great idea.

"Well, what if we invite her over one of these days?" Namjoon smiled, agreeing with Minji. "One of these days, babe. We'll definitely invite her, so that her and Jinnie could see each other. Any moment! Yeah?" He spoke, as Minji returned the smile at him, feeling excited.

"Sounds like a perfect idea, Joonie. One sec, I'm going to check up on the food to see if it's warm yet. OH! Can you check on Jinnie, while I get his food?" Minji spoke, rushing over towards the kitchen while gathering small bowls and other silverware utensils to place the food delicious smelling inside after it was heated up.

"Yup!" Namjoon responded to her, while heading upstairs to see what Jin was doing. To his surprise, when he got there, he noticed that Jin had flung the bedsheets over himself again.

The young boy's attempt at pretending to be asleep had failed, as Namjoon was very sharp-witted and noticed his body shifting from one side to the other, in the small, hot air balloon bed.

"He must be uncomfortable in the tiny bed. I'm gonna have to get him another soon." Namjoon thought as he softly approached the boy with caution.

"Jinnie, are you awake yet, sweetheart?" Jin tried his best to hide the fact that he was pretending to be asleep, and Namjoon allowed the young boy to try his best way to fool him, being fully aware that he was awake.

"Mmm..." At first, Jin tried to groan, to seem grumpy when being 'woken up', but that didn't fool his dad at all. Then, Jin proceeded to snore, and this only made Namjoon laugh
at how hard he was trying to fake being asleep.

But instead of exposing him, the curious adult decided to do something even better that would make Jin expose his own self.

"Minjiiiii!! What's for dinner tonight, again? I'm kind of hungry and the food smells good." Namjoon waited for Minji to answer, as he stood behind the door, winking at her so she knew he was doing this on purpose for Jin to wake up.

Minji played along and shouted back at him: "STEAK AND-", Jin suddenly rose from the bed, flinging the bedsheets off of his body, and started to whine, loudly.

"Appa Joonie!! C- can you help me get down, please?" This made his parents laugh, they couldn't feel their faces after a while. Minji couldn't feel her cheeks from giggling.

"My face is going to wrinkle!! Ahaha! Ohh, Jinnie. You're a one of a kind, my child!!" She shouted, stirring up the food in her pot with a bright smile.

"And a one of a kind, liar! Get over here, you adorable little rascal." Jin flinched, but smiled softly as Namjoon cuddled him and treated him with extra care when helping him get up from the tiny bed.

"A...Appa Joonie?" Namjoon raised an eyebrow, intrigued by his son's shaky voice.

"Hmm? What?" He sweetly responded, while guiding him out of his bedroom, slowly as Jin held onto his torso, trying not to apply pressure to his sprained ankle.

It took him a while to speak, because he was busy trying to think of what to say among all of the words that were rushing through his head every minute. And of all the options he had in his mind, Jin was able to say one thing.

"I'm sorry." Namjoon found his apology strange. He had no clue of what the boy was apologizing for.

"Sorry about... Worrying you so much." Jin instantly replied when he realized that his dad truly was clueless about everything. But luckily, Namjoon remembered everything that happened today, and he knew exactly how to respond to Jin.

"Jin, what happened today wasn't your fault, son. These accidents happen all of the time. But stop running from now on, okay?" Jin stopped blinking when Namjoon's eyes met his
while they stopped walking momentarily.

The adult softly placed his hand over Jin's shoulder, close to his neck, staring at him with concern.

"I don't want you to get hurt anymore. I care about you, Jinnie." The younger felt his body starting to tremble, but he didn't show off his emotions to Namjoon. When the adult turned away for a moment to speak with Minji, who was now serving the food, Jin took this opportunity to fill his lungs up with air.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon questioned when noticing that Jin had stayed frozen for a second. But the boy quickly responded, not wanting to worry Namjoon any longer.

"I'm okay, daddy. I am." He smiled, staring down at his leg to avoid making eye contact with his father, while ignoring the signals his body was giving him.

"Good. Let's go eat then, Mommy made yummy steak!!" Jin's appetite was the first response his body gave him, when his stomach started growling with hunger.

And the next response, was his chest moving up and down, as he found himself gasping for air, unknowingly.

"Why had I stopped breathing... And why does my heart have to beat this fast? I... I hate this feeling. I want it to go away."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥