005

0:00‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒●‒‒‒‒‒3:00<<       ||        >>Play Date •Melanie Martinez

<<       ||        >>
Play Date

Melanie Martinez

☮︎

"I'm tired of always chasing,
chasing after you."

The first day of sophomore year is always the easiest, especially for Layla. She got her braces off in the summer, dyed her hair so dark that it's practically black and got herself into the shape she's always wanted to be.

She and Mattia haven't talked in a while, but she was hoping to revive their friendship on this day. She looks herself in the mirror and smiles as she poses in various ways, a knock at her door startles her.

"Come in." Her mother slowly opens the squeaky door and shoots her a smile. "My little Layla, not so little anymore huh?" She shakes her head. "I'm so ready to kick high schools ass."

Her mother laughs as she takes a seat on Layla's bed and pats the spot next to her, indicating that Layla should sit with her. "Dad and I have one of the most important missions of our lives that we have to be at on Saturday, are you and Alexandria alright here by yourselves?" Layla's head nods once more.

"We always are, I'll just follow the schedule." Her mom smiles and gently placed her hand on the side of Layla's face, stroking her cheek lightly with her thumb. "Don't forget time train the newbies, have Mari help you." She nods as she grabs her bag and heads out to the car. "To the school Miss?" Kris asks with his peaceful tone of voice. "Yes please."

Layla walks into the school and looks around for her friends a little anxious to find them all. "Lay?" A familiar voice comes from behind her, she turns to see him. Alejandro, he smiles at her.

"Oh thank god—" She pulls the boy into her embrace. "Have you seen Mari?" He shakes his head. "Have you seen Mattia?" She shakes her head. "Should I be looking for him?" She scans the boy and noticed how much he changed over the course of three months.

"Let's just say, you're gonna die when you see him now." He spins the girl around and points and the new and improved Mattia, tall, floppy hair, and a jawline? Layla tries not to stare, but she can't look away as Mattia's arm snakes around a girls shoulder and watches as he plants a kiss on the top of her head.