Chapter 59

It was all so crazy. One minute I was in the sky; the next minute, I found myself falling into a tree. We all kept hitting branch after branch until eventually, we crashed landed onto the ground. That was a moment I never want to experience ever again.

"That wasn't painful at all," I groaned, rubbing my side.

"Are you ok?" Artie asked.

"Yea, I'm good, nothing broken thankfully."

"Oh man, I haven't been on a trip like that since college." Donkey moaned. I looked over at him and to my shock, as well as Artie and Shrek's confusion it was Puss talking, but Donkey's voice was coming out from his mouth.

"Donkey?" Shrek questioned.

"What?" he said in a puzzled tone. "Is there something in my teeth?"

Donkey looked at his hand and began frantically panicking when he saw that he wasn't in his own body. It was super freaky, and I didn't know what to think.

"What the...Oh, no!" he gasped. "I've been abracadabra'd into a fancy feasting second rate sidekick."

Just then, his body fell out of the tree. I heard Puss groan and realised that somehow during the spell, Donkey and Puss had switched bodies. I can't tell if this was weird or funny to witness.

"At least you don't look like some kind of bloated roadside piñata. You really should think about going on a diet!" Puss snapped.

"Yeah, and you should think about getting yourself a pair of pants!" Donkey argued. "I feel all exposed and nasty."

I could feel a laugh bubbling from within me, and I knew I couldn't hold it in any longer. Neither could Shrek and Artie from the look on their faces. It wasn't long before the three of us burst out laughing. I could feel my chest hurting and tears streaming down my face.

"Oh, so you three think this is funny?!" Donkey said with an annoyed look. Puss wasn't amused with this either, as he had an angry look on his face as well.

The three of us quickly regained our composure, and I wiped the remaining tears from my eyes.

"I'm really sorry, guys," Artie smirked.

"Don't be! You got us back, kid." Shrek smiled.

We then turned and headed in the direction of Far Far Away, which could be seen quite clearly in the distance. As Donkey and Puss continued to argue with each other, I reached over and grabbed Artie's hand, pulling him back a little so that he could look at the view.

"So, what do you think of your kingdom Artie?" I asked, pointing to the scenery. "Isn't it beautiful? You'll soon be in charge of running the entire place."

"It's amazing. It's not as beautiful as you though," he replied. He then placed a peck on my cheek, making me blush. "You think I'll be a good king?"

"You will be a fantastic king! The best king this kingdom will ever have."

He laughed, and we hurried on after the others. We all ran towards the front gates of the kingdom, but as we went through, we got the shock of our lives. Everything and I mean everything was utter chaos; Madness even. It was as if a riot had occurred.

It certainly wasn't the Far Far Away that I remembered. It was the total opposite

"Errm," I stuttered. "What on earth has happened?"