Chapter 22

It was crazy, it was mad, but it was an incredible idea. One that I wouldn't have ever thought of in a million years. We rushed all the way down to Drury Lane and were introduced to the Muffin Man. He was super overjoyed to see Gingy. It took a couple of hours, but at last, our plan was finally finished. Or should I say alive?

We headed towards the castle with Donkey and the others leading in front; I couldn't believe that we pulled it off. We had managed to create a giant gingerbread man, and somehow, we brought him to life.

Mongo was what we called him. And he was on a mission to help us.  Shrek, Gingy, and I were standing on Mongo's shoulders and were trying to guide him to where he was supposed to go. However, he seemed more interested in his surroundings. Luckily, Donkey got his attention, and Mongo became fixated in following him, which got us on the right track.

"That's right! Follow the pretty pony!" Donkey called up to him. "Pretty pony wants to play at the castle!"

When we finally arrived, the next stage of the plan sprung into action.

"All right, big fella! Let's crash this party!" Shrek yelled.

"Let's do this!" I exclaimed.

Mongo stormed closer towards the castle, and the guards were ready to attack. The knights began to catapult flame shots, one struck Mongo hard and knocked off one of his upper gumdrop buttons. He clearly didn't take it too well, as he let out a screeching roar before booting the firey gumdrop towards the castle. And it ended up demolishing the entire catapult.

"Well done, Mongo, keep going!" I cheered.

He then continued on to the castle's bridge and tried to heave it open; the knights worked immensely hard to stop and destroy Mongo by drenching him with hot foamy milk. They were determined to do whatever it took to prevent him from gaining access inside. 

Miraculously, Mongo was able to withstand the first drenching of milk, but when it came to the second downpour, he didn't stand a chance. His arms started to crumble, and it ended up breaking away from his body, and poor Mongo fell into the water below. Shrek and I were quickly able to leap onto the arms, as they were still wedged between the gaps of the bridge. Gingy was so distraught he jumped after Mongo to try and help him.

"Shrek, hurry!" I called out to him."The arms are starting to break too!"

Each climb made my stomach tremble. I didn't want to end up falling all the way down into the moat as well. Thankfully, the arms kept the bridge open long enough for us to gain access inside the castle. Shrek slid down the chains and was able to knock out all the knights, meaning that I could get the bridge fully down so that the others could get in. 

Shrek and I jumped onto Donkey's back and joined Puss as Donkey galloped along the walkway and leapt over the approaching knights that tried to stop us. As we continued riding through the corridors, Puss suddenly jumped off, and Donkey quickly skidded across the floor to stop.

"Puss!" Shrek yelled back to him. I saw that there were now several men heading towards us, but Puss was egging us to keep on going without him.

"Go! Go! Your lady needs you! Go!" he cried.

Puss was indeed a loyal feline in my eyes; he was going to fight off all those knights on his own just so that Shrek could get to Fiona in time. That is one brave and fearless individual. I prayed that we would make it. Otherwise, it would be the end of Fiona and Shrek as I knew it.