Confusion

"I can't believe you found it!" Mammon laughed happily as he held his credit card close to his face. "Goldie, baby I missed you." Alicia watched the two excited brothers with a look of pure confusion. She understood why Levi was happy, he finally got his money back, but a credit card would never be enough to make her give up her free will. 

"I'm sorry, but what? Mammon, I know you're happy to have your credit card back but uh...You're not even a little upset about the pact?"

"Why would I be upset? You're a regular human, it's not like you'll hold enough power to do much." Mammon grinned and hugged her tightly. "I can't believe you found Goldie." 

"I went to get ice for my face and saw it in the back of the freezer. I'm...glad you're happy?" Alicia moved out of his hold, only to be snatched up by Levi in another hug.

"Thank you, Alicia! I'm going to go now, but when I come back we are definitely gaming." Levi ran out of the kitchen and Alicia simply walked out with Mammon. 

"Are you really as bad with money as everyone says you are?" Alicia was amazed at how happy Mammon was. He looked like a child with a new toy, she felt the same way whenever she got money, but never to this level. 

"I'm not bad with money...I just really like spending it. Shopping and buying things really make me happy. "

"I get that. My love language is gift-giving, and I love spending money on others, but I always make sure I can pay back my credit cards." Alicia nudged him a little and pouted. "Where does all your actual income go, if it's not going towards your bills?"

The question alone was enough to wipe the smile off Mammon's face. "That's something I really don't want to talk about." He walked with her in silence for a moment and stopped in front of her. He could feel the weight between them, and it wasn't a feeling he liked. "Remember when you told me the reason why you were at Diavolo's was on a need to know basis? This is kinda similar."

"But this is causing you a lot of problems. I'm sure Lucifer would ease off of you if you ate down some of your debts." Alicia tilted her head a little and she gently tapped his arm. "Okay, so don't tell me where you're money is going...but maybe you can come over later on and we can try to map out a game plan to get your debt down? You know how much you're spending."

"Do you know how many people have tried to reign in my debt, Licia?" 

"Did any of those methods rely on threatening bodily harm to you?"

"Uh...."

"Exactly. I'm not going to beat you over the head literally, just jot down things and come up with a game plan with you. I can come over to your room after dinner. How does that sound?" She smiled softly and Mammon felt like she just drove an arrow through his chest. 

He briefly thought of the order Lucifer gave him, to keep his relationship with Alicia professional. He was sure that if Lucifer found out, he would be locked in the basement for the next century. But there's nothing friendly about budgeting he thought before he smiled back. "Sure, we can meet up after dinner."

"Great...and again, I'm really sorry about the whole pact thing. It didn't seem like the problem was going to be resolved without it." Alicia looked down and ran her hand through her hair. 

Mammon chuckled and leaned down so he would be in her line of vision. "Don't feel bad. Look at it this way, when you do decide that you want my help, all ya need to do is call me. I'll be here before you finish saying my name."  

The two stared at each other for a moment, Mammon giving her a confident smile while she smiled bashfully. "I'll see you tonight, Mammon." Alicia walked into her room and snatched the new journal she bought off of the dresser.

Head in the clouds, Mammon almost forgot he had his credit card back. He quickly went to his room, only to stop when he saw Asmodeus waiting for him at his door. 

The shorter male smiled brightly when his older brother showed up. He overheard the whole conversation and managed to peek around the corner to witness their closeness. He couldn't believe it, someone pierced Mammon's armor, a human at that. He needed all of the details. 

"A...Asmo. W-Where were you this whole time? What're you doing here?" Mammon pushed passed him and went inside the room. Asmodeus followed in happily and leaned over Mammon's computer desk when he sat down. 

"So you like Alicia. This is amazing! When are you going to tell her? Are you going to tell her tonight when she comes over to help? What's your best pair of pajamas? You know what? Don't wear a shirt. Just pants-"

"I do not like the human," Mammon said firmly. "She's just trying to help me and I want to give her something to do. Someone should look over my records because I'm damn sure not going to do it." 

"That's not what it looked like back there. You were playful with her, you weren't mad that she forced you into a pact. You said you would never make a pact with anyone." Asmodeus scowled a bit, annoyed at his brother's denial. "Admit it."

"The pact will make my job easier. That's it. So what? I gave Levi back his damn money. That's all. I don't like the human." Mammon took a deep breath and focused on his computer, throwing a bunch of items in his cart that he'd been saving for a while. 

Asmo pursed his lips and smirked. "Well then, if that's the case...I'm taking 'the human' to the Fall on Friday. Maybe she'll meet a nice demon there to bind her time here. I saw this sexy little dress that'll show off everything. She's going to look amazing."

Mammon stiffened in his seat, clutching his mouse tightly in his hand. "Lucifer would never let you do that. It'll be too dangerous."

"He already gave me the go-ahead. A fun night out to burn her energy and keep her from wanting to run home at random." Asmo walked to the door and tilted his head. "You're more than welcome to join us." When Asmo left the room, Mammon cracked the mouse in his hand. "Shit."