The Nightmare

Story Notes:

(I was inspired to write this piece after someone posted a Yandere fan art of Levi. This isn't a depiction of a healthy relationship, I just wanted to see how Mammon would play out as a Yandere ^.^) 

"So what do ya think? Nice place right?" Mammon finally finished showing Alicia around the new house he bought her. Her hair was twisted in two buns on top of her head, and she was wearing multiple other gifts he graced her with; a sequence gold dress, expensive earrings, and diamond-encrusted choker that spelled her name. She shifted uncomfortably and smiled slightly. 

"Mammon, all of this is nice...but we already talked about your spending habits. Especially when it comes down to big purchases like this...for me. I'm leaving RAD on Monday, I have to go back to the human world." 

"What are you talking about? You're not going back to the human world. You're my gal, and you're staying here with me." He smiled brightly and wrapped an arm around her. "Just because you'll no longer be a RAD student, doesn't mean you need to leave. All you need to do is wake up in the morning and I'll take care of everything else. The guys won't come looking for you since they think you went home, it's perfect." He kissed the top of her head and sighed with content. 

Alicia stood still to avoid pissing him off. She couldn't imagine being stuck in this house for the rest of her life. "But what about my family back home? I told you...They need me."

"I need you more. They'll be fine, they have each other. All I have is you." He squeezed her shoulder firmly and knelt down to her eye level. "You're the only person who doesn't look at me and see a complete scumbag. You're actually nice to me...and it's been so long since I felt that. I'm not letting go now." He stood up straight and placed his hands on his hips, laughing happily. "Think about it, you'll never have to work another day in your life. I get to keep you looking pretty and pampered for the rest of my life."

"I am not a doll." Alicia reached up and tried to undo the clasp on the choker, but she couldn't find it. She was briefly distracted by his explanation of how the rest of her life would go, and she paled. "Your life? Mammon, I'm human. I have maybe 6o years left, 70 tops. That's not scratching the surface of your life."

"I worked out that part too. I got the witches to charm that choker you're wearing. You won't age a day over 17, and when I'm ready...We can start having kids. I know everyone thinks I'm an idiot, but I put a lot of work into this..." Mammon's smile vanished from his face and he stared at her. "You're being really ungrateful right now."

"Excuse me? Mammon, you've completely thrown out the budget I worked hard on so you can get on track. You didn't even ask me if I wanted this house. It's nice but it's too much, and I. Am. Not. Staying. Here." Alicia turned to leave and stopped when she felt a hand wrap around her arm, lifting her off the floor slightly. 

"This can't just be about your family. No one wants to be around their family this bad." He carried her to the bay window and sat her down. "Is there someone in the human world that you didn't tell me about?"

"W-What?! Mammon, I'm not dating anyone back home. I do want to be with my family this badly, and you're trying to keep me here prisoner." 

"Wow, livin' in a fancy house with everything you could've ever asked for with someone as great as me must really be torture. You said you loved me." His eyes glowed a little and crossed his arms. "Were you lying?"

Alicia shrank a little in her seat. "No...I didn't lie, Mammon. I just-" Her words were cut off when Mammon gently gripped her throat. 

"Great. I would hate to find out that you lied to me." He leaned down and kissed her deeply. "Now, I'm going to go grab something from the car. Don't move." He whistled happily as he walked out of the house, closing the door behind him. 

Alicia waited until she thought he was far enough and she ran to the kitchen, knowing that she saw a door back there. She stopped when she noticed that the doorknob was missing. "The fuck?" She went back to the front of the house and noticed the same thing with the entrance doors. There were no knobs on the inside.  "Mammon?" She ran back to the bay window and gently hit the glass. "Mammon?!"

The demon chuckled and walked back over to the window. "What's the matter doll face? You have everything you'll ever need in the house, and I'll still come to see ya after class. At least now I don't have to worry about my stupid brothers bothering ya." He kissed the glass between them and went back to his car. 

"Mammon! Mammon let me out of here! Mammon!" Alicia continued to bang on the window, screaming his name and the names of anyone who she thought might answer her, but no one came. 

Alicia gasped and woke up in the middle of the night. She looked over at the sleeping demon next to her and quickly moved to the other side of the bed. "Fucking wine...." she muttered. It'd been so long since she had nightmares, what gives? Sleep claimed her once again, but this time she would be placed firmly against her wall, praying to avoid another nightmare.