Dance On Kaaliya

That one ghat of yamuna at the outskirts of the village was believed to be poisoned by Kaaliya - A deadly multi-hooded snake, that lives in those waters. No one, not even a bird or bee ever dared to cross those boundaries due to all the terrifying stories we've been hearing about it right from our childhood.

But you, you just cannot stop challenging the boundaries of life as always, right? Who would imagine that one day, you'll actually land at that spot, and enter those waters like you know nothing about it.

When this news broke out, all Braj vasis started running to reach the place that they never wanted to visit even in their worst nightmares. Everyone had only one name on their lips - "Krishnaa!! Krishnaa!!" all the way. That day, I ran bare foot, like a mad woman, leaving my half filled matki in the waters to drown, in fear of losing you to the same waters.

When we all landed at the ghat, it was already too late & you were searched to be found no where. All I saw was Braj vasis weeping their hearts out, unable to digest the fact that you entered those poisonous waters to never comeback. I stood there lifeless, clueless, unable to figure out on what made you risk your life this way. I closed my ears in disbelief when people uttered things like - "It's already been so long since Kaanha entered the river, by this time Kaaliya naag might have . . . "

Hey Narayan!! I can never say, hear or even imagine the next few lines.

The enlightened Krishna bhakta in me said - "Ey paglii! None of the five great elements hold the strength to harm your boy in any way, for he's not just an ordinary gokul ka gwaala that he seems to be, but so much more than that. His divinity is so high, that nothing can even come close with an intent to blemish him."

But the mad Krishna premika in me broke into a million pieces with the fear of losing you. Nothing from the three worlds could stop her tears that were flowing as if they were competing with yamuna waters. Her entire existence seemed to be fading away with the one thought of not seeing you again.

As I slowly gathered courage & looked around, all the Braj vasis seemed devastated, as if their lives now got no purpose without you. They cried out,

"Hey Mahadeva! Narayana! Janardhana! Take away our lives too!"

Yashoda maiyya's state was worsening up, as she was beating her chest out of disbelief & grief, cursing herself for not taking her instincts seriously that morning & allowing you to step out of the house.

And your Radhey - she looked as if someone sucked the life out of her. She tried to jump into the same waters several times taking your name, while people around forcefully held her.

There was only gloominess all around. I was so mad at Narayana for leaving me at the shore, and drowning you in the waters.

'Hey Kaliya Naag, make me your food and let my Krishna go away unharmed', I prayed silently.

Just then, like Sun appears after the dark clouds are cleared, there you came, taking off the curtains of maya. Standing like Kaali on the head of Kaaliya naag, as he lifted you up from those waters of Yamuna. Only you have this power of destroying the maya created by you.

And how can I ever forget that divine blissful dance you have put up that day? It looked as if you were thumping Kaaliya's evilness & also blessing him by leaving your footprints on his hoods, all at the same time. Such a mesmerizing vision it was! At that moment, we couldn't think of anything on why & how did this miracle take place, as we sighed a breath of relief on seeing you alive & dancing.

Between all those cheers, I heard a silent lesson that you tried to teach there -

'Fear is the only barrier that lies between you & your progress. Nothing can touch you if you conquer your internal fear. Boundaries created out of fear, are meant to be questioned, challenged & broken if necessary.'

And Kaaliya might have got it's lesson too, that poison in intent is way more harmful than poison in veins.

A part of me internally danced with you to those tunes of thillana. But a part of me was also mad at you, for putting us in a state we'all were in few minutes ago.

Hey leeladhar! What pleasure do you seek in performing such complex leelas? Because this time, literally all our souls left our bodies for some time. And all you give as an answer is - smile.

Suno, this time you do such things to my heart, you'll find me running behind you with a stick, along with Yashoda maiyya.

Radhey radhey <3

The Diary Of a Gopika जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें