The Day They Tried to Rekindle I

Trigger Warnings: Abusive Parenting, Blood, Panic Attack

"Do we have to do this? I mean, I can already see this ending in total destruction," Logan grumbled. Patton sat right beside him. He was trying to hold his hand, but Logan's arms were stubbornly crossed. His boyfriend kissed his temple, doing anything in his power to calm the poor boy down. "I mean really! And, doing it at home! All they're going to do is insult it! I know them!"

"Please Logie, calm down. How bad can your parents be?" Patton questioned. Logan flinched a little at the question. KC and Mother realized a few weeks ago that Logan hadn't met with his parents ever since graduating from SJMH. Patton had his court date, The Prince's parents are dead, and Damion has been face-timing his dad.

Even though Logan has never brought it up, both Mother and KC agreed that he should at least talk with them. The grudges the poor boy had with his parents are still rock solid. And all of us could tell, Logan still hadn't felt fully recovered.

"Patton, you should know more than anyone else as to how bad my parents are!" Logan told him. His legs were bobbing up and down, his glasses sliding down his nose. I've never seen him this nervous.

"But, you don't know that anymore, Logie. It's been over 2 years since you last saw them!" Logan didn't reply. He simply sighed and turned away from us. Patton giggled, taking his chin and gently guiding it into his eyes. "It's okay to be afraid, Logan. But you can't continue to have sleepless nights just thinking about your parents! It's taking a toll on you and you know it."

Logan looked ashamed. He eyed the floor, letting Patton's words sink in. He gave his boyfriend a gentle kiss on the head, making him smile. "You're right. You always are."

Damion came into the living room from the kitchen. He and KC were working on a nice platter for the coffee table while Logan and his parents would talk. He sighed, grabbing Remus' hand. "You ready, Lo?" He cautiously asked.

"I guess I have to be," Logan chuckled.

"Just remember, we'll be right here the whole time," I reminded him. I was sitting on top of Roman's lap on the couch adjacent to the two. Logan and Patton were in the middle of the other couch, facing the coffee table and two dining chairs sat across from it. "If your parents try to pull anything, we won't let them."

"Thanks guys. Really." He said with a half-smile. The door knocked, everyone's heads jerking upward to face it. Patton gave Logan another quick kiss as Damion ran over to answer the door.

It opened, leaving two middle-aged people in the door frame. They were about the same size. The woman had a long face with inches of thick make-up coating her skin. She was wearing a black pencil skirt with a fancy dark purple blouse and light pink boa. The man had a white, striped button-down with tan pants and dark black shoes.

"Welcome to our home," Damion greeted with a friendly smile. The woman rolled her eyes, pushing right past the boy to get inside. The man followed her in. They looked around as the door shut. I could see the looks of disgust plastered on their faces as they looked around.

"Try to keep the snootiness on a low setting. You're here for me, not the house!" Logan remarked. His parents snapped their heads in his direction. He stood his ground, clutching Patton's hand tighter as they sat down on the chairs across from him.

"I see that place didn't fix your attitude," The father grumbled. Remus and Damion sat next to us. The anger from our side of the room was thick as mud. "You haven't changed a bit!"

"Neither have you," Logan lowly remarked. "Guys, these are my parents. Elanor and Grayson Croft," He introduced.

"So then, you went from a high class, top of the line home to a boy scout camp?" Elanor asked. "I mean seriously, how are you expected to have a wife and children if you live in a house like this?!"

"We've been over this time and time again, Mom! I'm never having a wife. No matter much therapy and correction you give me." He lifted up the hand that was tightly gripping Patton's. The two gasped.

"You're disgusting!" Grayson seethed. "You had everything when you lived with us! You were on the road to being the next Steven Hawkings! Yet here we are!" I could tell Logan was losing his patience. His face was glowing red while Patton was whimpering from how tight he was holding his hand. "I bet you still drink, like the little fuck up you are!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" Logan yelled. "You always said you wanted me to be happy! Yet, you don't let me live my own life and make my own choices!"

"You would've been happy with us!" His mom stepped in, "But you decided to throw away our helpfulness like trash! You threw away the schooling we gave you, you threw away our trust. You threw away your life and you blame us for that?"

"I wouldn't have done any of that if you gave me the freedoms I needed to be okay! You had my life on a leash like a dog! You think I drank because I was ungrateful? I drank you forget about you!!" Logan was in their faces and panting by the time he finished. He was so red I thought he might faint.

Instead, his father reached over and smacked Logan across the face. All of us gasped as he collapsed into Patton suddenly. "No wonder we got rid of you. These people should do it too while they still have the chance!" His father snarled. "I hope you're happy you fuck up!"

"I think you need to leave!" Roman threatened.

"Gladly," Eleanor said. His mom and dad stood up, knocking over the chairs in the process. Elanor looked back at her son as she left, "We never wanted a son anyway." With that, she slammed the door in their wake.

I didn't realize it until I turned back over to look at Logan. His fists were clutching his hair, Patton's hands on his shoulders. He was having a panic attack. A bad one too.

"L-Logan?" I questioned. He didn't do anything. He just sprang up from his spot and rounded the coffee table went to the front door.

"Wait! Logan, let's talk about this!" Patton shouted, trying to follow him.

"I just need to be alone!" He yelled. He swung open the door. He took a breath of air as he watched his parents pull out of our driveway. Patton tried to approach him but Logan was too quick. Instead he slammed the door in his boyfriend's face and ran.

Remus, Damion, Roman, and I stood up from our places. When Patton turned around, his eyes were red and his nose was dripping blood.