Chapter 6

It seem like it took a year just to get to the courthouse. I stared out the window with fear seeping out of my body. We finally pulled into the parking lot of the courthouse. I walk into the court room with stares glaring at me. I know now I'm in deep shit.
"Good luck baby!" My mom whispered.
I walked to my table and looked at my lawyer.
"What will happen?" I asked him.
"We will have to just wait and see." he smiled.
*bang bang (gavel hitting block)*
"Please take your seats." judge said.
Alex stepped up to the stands and and took a deep breath, and raised his hand.
"Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth." The police officer asked.
"I do." Alex said.
"Take your seat." the police officer demanded.
As Alex sat down he had a scared look spread a crossed his face. His lawyer got up and walked over to the chair.
"How's it going Alex?" He asked.
"Uhh okay I guess." Alex answered.
"Okay good. So do you know that girl?" He asked Alex while pointing at me.
"Of course, she's my ex girlfriend. I love her." Alex explained.
"So are you saying you are still in love with Talia and would never lay a finger on her." He said.
"Well I would lay a finger in her." he said.
"Objection. Sir what does that have to do with this." My lawyer yelled.
"Sustained." The judged said hitting his gavel on the wooden block.
"Did you hit Talia in the school parking lot on Friday the 23rd?" His lawyer asked.
"No I didn't. She probably fell and hit her head somewhere. I would never hit her. She is the love of my life." Alex said.
This brought tears to my eyes. My chest felt like someone was jumping on it. The room was spinning. Why would he lie about this.
"Okay no further questions." Alex's lawyer said.
All of a sudden my lawyer got up and walked over to Alex.
"Hello Alex. Is it okay if I ask you a couple of questions?" he asked.
"Why not." Alex said slouching in his chair.
"Do you think someone could fall I a parking lot and get a broken jaw,broken nose, and a concussion? Also with a black eye!" He asked Alex.
"Depends on how they fall. She's very off balance." Alex said.
He was right. I don't have good balance.
"What happened to you hands?" My lawyer asked him.
"I punch a wall after realizing that I broke up with Talia. She my love." Alex said.
"No further questions sir." My lawyer come back to our table.
"Calling to the stands is Michael Bloxer." said the police. "Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?"
"I do sir." Michael said.
Alex lawyer got up and walked over to Michael. "Do you know Alex."
"Yes I do. He's my best friend. Well was my best friend." He said looking at Alex.
"What do you mean was? He's not your bat friend any more." Alex's lawyer asked.
"Well he hit Talia. Also he used her. Why on earth would I want to be friends with him?" Michael said.
"You saw Alex hit Talia?" Asked the lawyer.
"Yes I did. Talia and I entered the parking lot, and Talia got pissed at Alex and went to hit me. She barely tapped him. He swung around and punched her in the face twice. Talia went down and blacked out. I got pissed and started to yelling at him. I grabbed my phone and called 9-11 and that when it ended." Michael said.
I grabbed my lawyers leg and said, "I can't do this. I can't listen to how it all happened. I just can't."
He reached over and grabbed my hand, "It will be alright. I'm here for you." He said.
I never noticed my lawyer was 23 and cute. I probably shouldn't be thinking like this.
Alex lawyer said to Michael, "So your saying Alex punch Talia? Okay no further questions."
My lawyer rubbed my leg and got up and asked Michael this, "Michael can you tell me how Alex hit her?"
"He turned around quickly and made fist but not like a boxing fist like a real fight on. And leaned back and punched her not only once twice." He said.
"Did he say it was an accident or anything like that?" My lawyer asked.
"No he said she had it coming one way or another." Michael said.
"No further questions your honor." Said my lawyer.
*bang bang*
"We will take a 1 hour break." Said the judge.
My lawyer and I went to a private room to talk.
"You will be up on the stands next." he said.
"I know. I-I don't know what to say." I cried.
He leaned closer and said, "Say nothing more than the truth."
I lean closer and kissed him. I shouldn't of done that. He kissed back. We released our lips and I wiped mine off.
"I-uhh I'm sorry." he said.
"It's okay I shouldn't of done that Jack. I'm sorry!" I said.
"No your fine. I was hoping you would. I have wanted to kiss ever since you grabbed my leg." He said.
Our room was somewhere nobody would look. I got up and closed he curtains. Then locked the door.
"We got 40 minutes." I said unzipping my dress.
He took off his jacked and next his shirt. I grabbed him and pulled him closer.
"Are you sure this is okay?" He asked.
"Are you?" I asked.
I pushed him down onto the couch and and climbed on top of him. He kissed my neck and gripped my back. We switch and I squeezed him.
"Oh yeah." he whispered. "This is a good idea."
"Yes...yes...yes." I moaned.
I never had experienced it like this.
He picked me up and put me over the table. I gripped it, thinking I might break it.
"We have 10 minutes. Can you finish in 6? I asked.
He grabbed me and we were up against the wall.
Finally after 4 minutes we started to get dressed. Luckily there was a little mirror. I fixed my makeup and my hair. I walked over to him and fixed his hair. I grabbed his neck and kissed me. He wrapped his arms around me. I grabbed his phone and put my number in it.
I opened the door and walked over to the elevator and punched up button.
We enter the courtroom and Alex and his lawyer wasn't there.
"I'm so nervous." I said to Jack.
"It's okay. Just think of the kiss to calm you down." He said smiling.
I smiled back and waited for Alex and them to get here.
The doors opened and in came Alex as his lawyer.
"Talia Hanfield to the stands." Said the police officer. "Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth."
"Yes sir." I said.
"Take a seat ma'am" he said.
"Did you have sex with Alex ever?" Asked his lawyer.
"Of course he was my boy friend." I said looking at my parents.
"After your guys breakup was it true you slept with his best friend?" He asked.
"I-I." I tried to say but was interrupted by his lawyer.
"You wanted to be a slut?" He said.
"Objection your honor what does this have to with the question?" Jack said.
"Sustained." The judge said.
"Did Alex hit you on Friday the 23rd?" He asked.
"Yes he did!" I said.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yes I'm sure. He did." I said.
"No further questions." he said.
Jack buttoned his jacked and walked towards me.
"Did Alex ever force you to have sex with you?" He asked.
"No-not really forced." I said with my heart beating my chest.
"What do you mean by that?" He asked.
"He wanted to break up two weeks before the incident because I didn't give him my virginity. So I gave it to him because I felt like I had to." I said with my filled with tears.
"So he basically threatened you?" He asked.
"You can put it that way." I said.
"Why were you so mad at him on Friday the 23rd?" He asked.
"He slept with my best friend while we were dating. So I went to the parking lot to leave school and caught them. I got mad and tapped him on the shoulder. That's when he hit me and I went black." I said.
"No further questions your honor." He said.
The jury went into this room closed off from the court room.
"Do you think we will do okay?" I asked.
"Hopefully." Jack said.
The jury walked out and one stepped forward.
"The perpetrator is.......... Guilty." he said.
*bang bang*
"Alex Canfield will be sentenced with 1 year in prison for domestic abuse." The judge said.
"Do you want to come over to celebrate?" Jack asked.
"Yeah that would be nice." I said.
I shocked his hand to look professional. I ran to my parents and hugged them. I got a tap on the shoulder and it was Michael. I hugged him and said, "I can't believe I won."
"Do you want to celebrate later?" He asked.
"I can't I have plans. How about tomorrow." I said.
"Sounds great." He said waving goodbye.