Chapter 13

They strapped me into the ambulance and off we went. My chest felt heavy and I kept getting dizzy. As the place me into a room, my parents parents not to long after I was omitted into the hospital they showed up. My parents bought me a new phone and when they handed it to me, I had several texts from Jack saying he is sorry. Later that night I woke up to rustling around. As I creep my eyes open I see Jack sleeping on the fold out chair.
"Jack what the heck are you doing here?" I asked quietly.
As he jumps with fright he gets up and comes over to me.
"Talia I'm so sorry. I love you, I have no reason to talk to you that way. Will you ever forgive me?" He asked me.
"I...I....I" then everything went black.
I woke up and and everything was a blur. Jack was talking to some one on the phone.
Jack: I am scared. I feel like she doesn't love me any more. She gave the ring back, she doesn't want it. I am in love with her. What should I do.
I finally opened my eyes and said, "Jack come here please." Holding my hand out.
He hung up on the persons an say on the bed next to me and said, "Talia, I'm so sorry. I am terribly sorry. I" but I cut him off.
"I want the ring back. I am in love with you too. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." I said holding my hand out.
He reached into his wallet and grabbed the ring out, as he slid the ring onto my finger i playfully said, "I do."
He laughed a little and hugged me tight.
I moved over a little and he cuddled me throughout the night. By morning we were both still asleep and my dad wakes me.
"Talia, wake up the doctor is here to see you." my dad whispered.
As I carefully scoot my self up, the doctor approaches me.
"Talia we are sending you home today. We prescribed you some medication. We would like you to finish the next two weeks of school online. We already talked to your principle. You can go to graduation but that's all." He said while leaving.
As my dad leaves I kiss Jack on the forehead. I gently get out of bed to use the restroom. As I sit down, I feel stronger than I have in weeks. I flush the toilet and go over to the sink and washed my hands. I gently shut the bathroom door and get back into the small bed. As I slid down Jack looks up.
"Morning beautiful." he said.
"Morning. So the doctor said I can go home today. Also I have to finish school online but I can still go to my graduation. So I was wondering if I could stay with you?" I said smirking.
"Why not I can take a two week leave of absence. Anyway now you don't have to see Michael." He said hugging me.
Jack left to go get a couple of things. for his house and while he was gone a couple of kids from my school came to visit me.
"Hey girl. How are you feeling?" Sarah asked.
"Uh okay. I have really good doctors."i said smiling.
"Are you in the hospital because your lawyer/boyfriend beat you? That's what everyone is saying." she said.
"Wha-what. Who is saying that. What else is going around?" I asked getting red to the face.
"Michael. He said you slept with your lawyer and also your getting married."she said flicking her nails.
"I uh.. It's all true but the beating! I am so ashamed right now!" I said stuffing my face into my hands.
"I uh got to go." She said scurrying out.
I feel humiliated and just alone. Why would he do this. I can't show up to my graduation. People will judge me and how will I live on with that. As I turn around to lay down my eyes fall into a deep sleep.
**Few Hours Later**
I wake up and Jack or my parents are no where to be found. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through some social pages and see a new recording.
**Pushes Play**
I gasp at the sound of my voice on there. Sarah recorded me for some odd reason. I thought she was my friend. I grabbed my pillow and threw it crossed the hospital room. I grab my phone and dial Jacks number.
"Hello!" He said.
"Hey I check out in like 15 minutes." I said packing my bags.
"Alright I will come up from the lobby."he said.
I throw all the flowers from my friends away and take the rest with me. I take a seat down on the bed as I wait for Jack. I hear the door open. As I turn around I see Michael.
"Hi Kira long time." he hissed.
"What do you want Michael?" I asked quickly.
"Nothing other than pay back." He said.
As I go to grab the nurse button he pulls out a gun.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Now let's play a game. You tell the whole school how you are a dirty fucking whore and I sit back and enjoy every second of it." He said pressing the gun to the side of my face.
"Why Michael why." I said. I wasn't scared, I was brave.
As he turns to think I press the button. Before he knows it four nurse walk in and see the gun. The press the button on the wall and throughout the hospital all you hear is "Code red". Jack came running into the room and hugs me. My body felt numb my heart was racing. All I could think was I could of died. Would anyone care? Why did I stop him?
"Babe are you okay?" Jack asked.
"I want to go home." I said.
He shakes his head and we left the room. As we climb into the car I see two cops take away Michael. Tears flow out of my eyes. A part of me is sad but the rest is relieved. We pulled up to his house. I grabbed my bag and he grabbed the rest of my stuff. As I open the door I hear "Surprise!"
I let out a huge scream because I am scared of everything now. I felt the warm tear stream down my face and I raced up the stair. As Jack enters the house he says,"I'm sorry I forgot to cancel the party. Uh something bad happened before we came home. So I will give you all a call later to explain more."
I then hear him climbing the stairs, and I quickly lock my self in the bath room.
**knock knock**
"Babe open up." he said.
I slowly get up and open the door. My bottom lip started to quiver and I fell into his arms. He sat down on the ground and held me tight.
"Why would he do that to me?!?! Why!!" I cried.
"I don't know why anyone would do such a thang to any human being." He said rubbing my back.
We got dressed for bed and laid down. As he drifts off into sleep I keep having flashes of what happened. Why just why did he do that.