Chapter 13: The Shopping!

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

The kindest hearts have
felt the most pain.

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Anton:

After longing to see her the entire day and guilt eating me alive every moment of the day, I finally decided to approach her. She had blocked me out completely through the bond. Not that I deserved it anyway. 

I made my way to the guest room that she was put in. I found Olive guarding the door. But when I tried entering, she blocked my way with her head bowed.

" Alpha, I cannot let you enter."

" How dare you defy your Alpha? Behind that door is my mate. I want to see her. It is my order to let me pass. "

She flinched slightly feeling her wolf putting a fight to obey the orders of her Alpha. I frowned as she quickly regained control.

" Alpha, I am bound by two powerful authorities who ordered me to keep you out. Aurora ordered my wolf, and my Luna seconded her order. "

My Luna... I could feel a sliver of happiness and possibly, pride? 

" I will never allow you to hurt my Luna again, Alpha. " She looked at me, her eyes showing guilt and hurt. I wondered what changed... I could feel most of my pack members disapproving of the idea of a human Luna. Only a few accepted her, including my sister, Bernard, Walter, and the pack doctor, William. The last time I checked, Olive hated guarding Cassandra. 

" Are you challenging me?" I asked just to test her waters.

" I don't mean to challenge your position, Alpha. I've never respected anyone as much as I respect you. Our empire has flourished and reached great heights under your rule. Even the most ordinary of wolves have found purpose. But, I will fight you till death before I allow you to hurt her again. " She bowed her head showing submission. 

I nodded in understanding and spoke, " Will you do me a favor that does not involve me meeting her? I need you to report to me every night after she falls asleep. I need to know how she's doing. Consider it my order. "

" Sure Alpha." Her wolf submitting to my order.

I just walked back to my office. I found Aurora waiting for me, and a deep scowl etched on her face. I had never seen her so furious in my life. Although I felt quite insulted by her outburst, I also felt very guilty. So, I had no right to be angry.

"Hey, Aura."

She just nodded and spoke sternly, "I'm here to update the abilities of two wolves under my training. They have improved in speed and have hiked a few positions up in fighting skills. "

As I sat down at the desk to retrieve the file, I felt my phone vibrating and ringing in my pocket. I found my Mom face-timing me. I accepted it and found Mom and Dad on the screen.

" Hey, Son! I heard you found your mate. Tell us about her! " My dad spoke enthusiastically while my Mom grinned widely.  

" Well, Uhh... Her name is Cassandra and... She is human. And Umm... " I didn't know how to tell them that I failed to control my animalistic side and almost raped her and failing them as their son. 

" Human, huh? " My dad and mom exchanged looks. 

" That's okay, An. There must be a reason why the Goddess chose her... Protect her well. What about you, Aura Darling? Tell us about your mate!" My mom asked Aurora, who peeked into the face-time behind me.  I wanted to bury myself 10 feet under.