Chapter 19: "When do you think it's gonna happen?"

The chapter dedicated to SarngybirdeyzeIxoraRosada, astrophiledancer... Thank You, Guys!! ❤ 

Please let me know if there are any mistakes :)
Comment and vote!!

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

☆ Don't lower your standards
for anyone or anything.
Self-respect is everything. 

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Cassandra:

I was standing on the road in front of my house. The police stood around guarding the house securely. I watched in a third person's view as the events unfolded before my eyes. I saw my Mom argue with an Officer that I recognized as John White. She looked upset and looked like she had been crying a lot. My heart clenched at the sight.

"No! I don't need your protection right now. My daughter is not dead! How dare you tell me that? The body was a goddamn fake!"

"But, your DNA samples did match! Clara, you need to accept this. Please don't walk away... We haven't caught the culprit yet. I can promise that he will be hung for his deed. I lost my son too. I know your pain," tears ran down his face.

"I know my daughter so well that I can recognize her even if she came home in the state your son did. I know her enough to know that she's alive! I need my space," she whispered and ran inside the house.

She went inside my room and sat down on my bed for a moment. She then walked to my bookshelf and pulled out a book. She flipped it open and pulled out a birthday wishes card. That was the card that she gave me when I turned seventeen. I hid it inside that book since then. Every time I felt lost, I read out the contents of that card. I smiled realizing that she knew my hiding place all along and pretended like she didn't.

She then sat on the bed as I always did and read it out loud. 

'Dear Cass,

Please read this every time you feel clueless or lost and feel like giving up...

You are a Rose with thorns,
So beautiful, brutal, 
And a symbol of the love of my life.
The precise moment of your birth,
Repeats itself over and over again,
With events so important,
That it has changed both you and me.
Is it magic? Is it a Blessing or a Curse?
We may never know...
But, every time Life changes its Course,
Every time you feel lost in its verse,
Remember to search at your roots...

Love,
Mom.'

She spoke again, "I just hope this works. I've been doing this every night since you went missing... at one o'clock every night. I hope you get this message, Cass... I don't know who to trust. I don't know if you'll be safe coming back home either. I don't know what to do." 

I looked at her with wide eyes. Oh Gosh! What does she mean? She has been doing this every night?

She suddenly looked very uncomfortable. She looked around as if checking if anyone was watching her with wide eyes. She looked like she realized something, "It works!"

She smiled with sheer determination and wide eyes, "You're alive and you're watching. You got the message."