Chapter 16: Meet Ruby Arizona!

I dedicate this Chapter to MelodyInBooks ... She was my best friend back in school. I've known her for quite some time

Also, Thank You wattxtra16 !! You are an amazing friend!! 

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

 The strongest
people are not those
who show strength
in front of us but
those who win
battles we know
nothing about. 

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Cassandra:

I was surprised when Mathew confronted me with news about Brian. He looked so furious that it scared me. I guess my little incident with Anton was still fresh in my mind and I didn't want to witness any more testosterone around me. 

When he asked me why I didn't tell him about Brian, I told him that I didn't know why. It was the truth. I guess I lived six years not telling anyone about what went about at home and it became a habit.

I was always suspicious, always scared, and always had my guard up. But now that I think about it, I wondered why I let my guard down around Jason. My intuitions warned me and I didn't listen. He put me in a huge ditch. My life in exchange for money.

Life is a strange event, full of surprises. I sighed and looked at Mathew who laid down on the bed with his arm over his eyes. I knew he wasn't asleep. I just told him about my past life and my victorious fall from the cliff. Yes, victorious! I'm still alive after all. I'm still alive because Mathew decided to take me under his wing and save me. As cringy as it sounds, that was the truth. And the irony? He is a Man.

He may be a very handsome person, but to me, he looks like that protective older brother who has earned my respect and affection. Now, after knowing that he hired a PI for my sake, dug into the information, and is genuinely worried about my safety, I feel comforted. I don't know how long this will last, but I will cherish every moment of it. With that thought in mind, a soft effortless smile graced my lips as I watched him. 

"Matt, tell me about last night," I smirked as I thought of the possible events. 

 He peeked at me with one eye open and grinned widely. He ran his hands over his face, then turned over and buried his face in the pillow not saying a word. 

" Oh my gosh! This is precious! Somebody's feeling shy...," I cooed at him and laughed loudly.

" Go away, Intruder!" He spoke, his voice muffled by the pillow. 

" Awww... Come on! Tell me... " I gave my best pout which probably made me look like I was going weep.

He raised his head and clicked my nose and said, "Boop." I laughed and smacked his head.

" No way! You're too young to know shit," He said. 

That statement wiped out the smile on my face. Although I wasn't actually that young, I couldn't help but think. Why didn't Anton think about that, then? Why am I so upset about it now? I was angry and so sad. But now, I'm upset. Do I actually want to fix things with Anton? I feel like slapping him right across his face and drilling some sense into his head. Some part of me knows that he looks at me like an object and wants to claim me like an object. 

Unfortunately for him, I'm far from submissive. I felt waves of anger hit the surface again.

" Cass? There's something you should know about Alpha Anton." He frowned and looked at me with concern.