Chapter 30: Gaby's Forgetfulness!

30th chapter Mark! I'm proud of myself! 

Also, I had a vision that the book isn't going to end anytime soon... Sigh! I wonder why my mind can't stop spouting plot developments. It complicates things... Maybe, my mind is hardwired to end my first book in a strong way!

Dedicated to aditipeerockshower and wattxtra16... Read their books, People!

Also dedicated to rmoonlqght.... She writes an amazing book!!!

Comment, Vote and Share!! Please don't hesitate to give me constructive criticism :)
Don't miss the A/N at the end of the Chappy!

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Recovery is a process. It takes time.
It takes patience. It takes everything
you've got.

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Cassandra:

I shot up straight and stared at him. Did I hear him right? He sat up slowly and looked at me with several emotions in his eyes. I let out a breath and struggled with my voice, "What?" 

He reached out to tuck a strand of my hair. I flinched back. I could see hurt in his eyes and the sense of rejection. "I'm in love with you..." He whispered softly. He quieted down as if waiting for me to absorb what he said. 

I didn't know if he expected me to say in back. But, his words only increased the pressure on my mind and I didn't need that.  I may have forgiven him. But, I cannot forget what he did. What if he used my feelings against me? What if all this is just an act? Did I really feel affectionate towards this man? Or was I just being kind? I felt a sudden urge to run out of the room as my thoughts began muddling up again.

Soon, anger took over my senses and blinded me, "You can't just spring that upon me. Not now... Not when I'm still recovering from this trauma. I don't feel the same way about you, Anton! I don't understand... How did you just fall in "love" with me? What do you want, Anton? What do you want from me? I ain't so naive. You can't play with my feelings! Just tell me what you want-" I stopped realizing what I had said. 

I gulped knowing that those were my demons talking. The demons that I struggled to fight and silence all these years. The demons were made from insecurity, trust issues and trauma. I thought I had gotten over them. I thought I grew stronger than them. I guess they never really go away...

My heart weighed down and throbbed as fear settled in with that. I owed this person my life. But, I heard whispers of suspicions. Was he really being sincere when he said that he loved me? Does he want anything in return? When Jason White tried to give me away for money, it was almost like a heart break. He looked so sincere to me all that time... Or maybe, I just couldn't see it because I really liked him and crushed on him for quite some time. 

I raised my head to look at Anton. Hurt was written all over his face. "I'm so sorry," I moved towards him and he moved away. I felt my breath knocked out of my lungs. For the first time, I knew what rejection actually felt like, considering the fact that I never cared before. But, I do now. 

I gulped knowing that the words were said and couldn't be taken back. I breathed out, tired of fighting demons of my past. I had been so strong. What happened now? I brought down those walls between us giving him access to my mind. He deserves to know what I'm facing. He deserves to know that I fight these demons every day. Sometimes, I win and sometimes I lose... like at this moment.