Chapter 32: Our dear Blue's mate!

All dedications will be given at the end... :)
Any Errors, let me know!
Vote and Comment!

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

my soul just wants to be
closer to yours 

~butterflies rising

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Cassandra:

"Where's Gaby?"

Anton sighed, "She's locked herself behind those silver doors in the dungeon. This is the second time I'm regretting building those!"

I pushed the oxygen mask away and tried to sit up. An helped me up and I winced feeling the wound on my side. He picked a glass of freshly squeezed juice and placed the straw near my lips. I looked around noticing the white hospital walls. The sun had already set outside.

I took several gulps before talking again, "Tell Blue to order her out using his Beta tone. Tell him to bring her here."

An hesitated, "Walter won't take that lightly."

"Tell them that it's my wish to see her."

He mind-linked them and nodded at me. Soon, a woman walked in with a plate of delicious layers of steaming lasagna. It was placed before me and I gestured An that I can eat by myself.

As I was almost finishing my dinner, Gaby walked in with Bernard and Walter. She looked defiant and glowered at us. I knew why. 

Nobody knew that she was a half-bred. As long as Gerta lived, nobody could pick on her or check her background. Now, she feels open to threats. A big part of her feels that she would be targeted and shunned. She feels the need to protect herself and put a wall... even fight if needed.

I sighed and finished my dinner to gain back my lost energy. I held out my hand to her. She frowned and placed her hand in mine. Anton got off the bed letting her sit before me. I folded my legs and reached out to pull her into an embrace. I now knew why she helped me. I understood why she didn't discriminate me the way others did. Her mother was human.

I smiled thinking over the number of times she put her life on the line and took risks for this empire. Anton looked extremely confused at my thought process. I then transmitted what I learned about her past.

But, the images didn't stop just there. Gaby hugged me tight taking comfort from me and I saw what she had faced in that pack as she grew.

I saw how she was rejected and kicked out of their training sessions. I saw how Gerta made a provision to teach her how to fight using her magic...

I saw how she made a friend who betrayed her trust and insulted her before her schoolmates. I saw how she built walls around her and did not let anyone in for a long time.

I saw how she grew to gain knowledge and understand life better than before... How Gerta always boosted her telling her to have faith in the future.

I saw how the General watched her grow into a beautiful young girl and wanted her. How he managed to corner her in the woods when she went to her secret spot to get her alone time. I saw how Gerta became furious and was going to kill him. He begged and she cursed him. He lost his mate. I saw how she grew scared and did not walk out of the cottage alone.

I saw how she slowly realized how strong she was and the only thing curbing her strength is her fear. 

I saw how she decided to protect herself no matter what. She wasn't willing to let her mother's sacrifice go for a waste. She wasn't willing to let down Gerta at any cost!