Chapter 33: Lovely Imogen's Mate!

All dedications at the end! We're so close, Guys!! We just have the epilogue to go!

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

We do not choose
who we love
but rather...
our souls choose
for us.  

~n.r hart

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Cassandra:

'I think that's the best gift that we can give him!' Aurora spoke in my mind.

We were sitting in Anton's room playing cards and discussing how to surprise Mathew for his birthday... His 25th birthday, about a week away. 

'I agree. I learned that he always wanted a post like that. That'd be such an honor,' Drishti told us serenely.

Walter, Gaby, Anton, and Bernard nodded their heads in agreement. They planned and sent away Matt, ordering him to train about three batches of werewolves one after another, each lasting for two hours. I felt pity for him while Aura just shrugged and didn't give a damn.

'We're having a meeting with the generals in an hour. Cass and I will talk to them about the new Warrior post. You guys gotta keep Matt away while we do so, '  An told them. I grimaced thinking about the last meeting I had with the generals... after which I ran again for the second time.

I picked up an unwanted card from my bunch and discarded it. I felt An pull me close to him and place an assuring kiss on my head. I sighed. If this meeting goes as bad as the last one, I'll never attend another meeting again! An assured me through the bond that he won't let them disrespect me again.

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

We sat down again in the conference room. I held my head high. The generals took their seats and looked at me. Some of them were trying to mask their scowls. 

"Alpha, was there a reason why you decided to give humans their freedom?" A diplomatic general spoke up.

"Different situations require different forms of action. It was done to keep the peace between the human society and us. Do you have an objection, General Ken?" He seemed to give out his Alpha aura.

I saw him wipe a bead of sweat visibly, "No Alpha."

A rude female General decided to stand up and demand, "May I ask... why was General Finlay killed- I mean subjected to a death penalty?"

"I've got a lot of witnesses that he has subjected humans to physical and sexual abuse greatly breaking our laws in vilest ways possible. It was a law to not subject humans to physical or sexual abuse even before I gave them freedom! Even if I didn't have witnesses, I have the right to execute any general or remove any general from his or her position. You agreed to join me under those terms," He spoke sternly asserting his dominance that affected pretty much everyone in the room except me. I just felt very proud.

She gulped and sat down sadly. My intuition told me that she had an affair with General Finley. 

"Now to talk about the matters in hand... Do you have any threats to your packs? You may speak about the issues and the conditions of your packs and our Luna Cassandra here will advise you in that regard," He told them.

They all looked taken aback. They're probably still adapting to the treat-humans-equally movement. I wasn't angry. I just felt pity for them. They have a lot to learn.