Chapter 24: We're gonna be okay, Mom

The chapter dedicated to yourstamaraScarletheart84thebolderladyWolf_lover_04MaitriJhaGeek_Aflame-kiminology,  __carino__Riptideinker007Thank You, Guys!!!

TheBreadteleporter... Thank you, Soldier of Fortune! You are the best!❤

salonithewriterChannyb33thewriterr7Bookends7, Colourfulnesss... Thank you!!

PJO_forever_and_ever Thank you for your review!! It was eye-opening... Lmaooo! It helped me big time! :)

renegxde Thank you for your review!! And also for being gentle with me... LOL XD Helped me see the good stuff. Also helped me correct my mistakes!  :)

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Comment and vote! 

Let me know if you find any mistakes!

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

"What's the worst that can
happen?"

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Cassandra:

I carried the sleeping child in my arms to the pack hospital. I gave her to a nurse and decided to approach mom. I sniffed and wiped some stray tears. Was this finally over? No, it wasn't. I had questions that needed answering.

I approached the room that mom was taken into only to be stopped by an assistant doctor. She informed me that they will check her and clean her up. I was not to disturb the patient as she needs rest and sleep.

I walked back towards the Pack-house. Nat was here. Mom was also here. Where was Linda? I wondered. What if.... something went wrong?

I rebuked myself for inviting such stray unpleasant thoughts. Linda might've been back at her place training women and children. She is probably under the authorities' protection. It was their duty to protect the ones close to me.

My mind flashed through all that information that I learnt from those bunch of papers... Why did they want the money? They wanted the money to extend the trafficking business in a huge way... To take it overseas!

Memories flashed through my mind...

When I was really young, my dad used to talk about his boss who I had never met... or so I thought. My dad, Greggory was an employee in a company owned by a man whose name I never knew before. Dad always called him boss and talked greatly about him. He had many promotions and salary hikes. He was happy.